Pulis on the wind up

I don’t blame Pulis for what happened last season. He walked into a job with probably the most ill equipped squad to play his style of football he could wish for. No leaders, no sh*t house up top, no decent wingers, no left back 😆

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

It was pretty grim from my memory.

The player ratings thing I've been compiling reckons that Huddersfield away and Forest away were the 2nd and 3rd worst performances we had that season. And none of the Pulis games make the top 10 for best performances.

Funnily enough the best game I remember under Pulis was the defeat away at Norwich where we were unlucky not to get something. Kadeem Harris should have had at least one penalty. But we still fell apart in the last 15 minutes.

Fair enough.  

Which game was it that Shaw got sent off?  Lunging tackle where he followed through?  I know we were in that game if not on top till he got sent off.  

Same as I said with Tom Lees, got sent off in a game we were still in, sending off completely changed the dynamics.  

2 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Fair enough.  

Which game was it that Shaw got sent off?  Lunging tackle where he followed through?  I know we were in that game if not on top till he got sent off.  

Same as I said with Tom Lees, got sent off in a game we were still in, sending off completely changed the dynamics.  

Shaw was sent off against Reading, was harsh in my opinion.

Windass was sent off against Preston in his first game. Probably worth 2 red cards that one.

Lees wasn't sent off under Pulis.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Shaw was sent off against Reading, was harsh in my opinion.

Windass was sent off against Preston in his first game. Probably worth 2 red cards that one.

Lees wasn't sent off under Pulis.

Cheers fella.  

• Like 1

Think Pulis has a particular style of football and man management that had got him a lot of success in the past.

But those techniques are sadly out of date now, football has moved on but unlike someone like Warncok who has adapted Pulis hasn't.

You got the impression the players never took to Pulis at all. 
Last season just felt we were doomed from the start, I am still surprised we were so close to stopping up in the end.

8 hours ago, Ronio said:

Pulis would have kept us up.

I know many will think wtf, but I do believe we would have stayed up had he remained in the job.  

Many will disagree, the football would have been awful to watch, 451, 631 whatever you want to call it.  But we would have stayed up.  

Woah woah woah

What?

We won 1 game in 10

He was never ever going to keep us up - the players clearly weren’t engaged with his philosophy for a start, he got the bullet that early -  player power must have been involved

We won 4/5 league games in 2 months under NT before the end of Feb - that’s what kept us in with a shout, we’d have been down by March probably under Pulis. 

The worst manager in the history of the club

• Like 2

I thought Pauli’s would come in, get us organised and improve results, albeit with unentertaining football.

Despite his experience, he failed to improve players individually or as a team, produced terrible results and the worst football I’ve seen (albeit viewed on TV). He also gave up trying to do these things from very early in his tenure and did what all poor coaches do - wait for the next transfer window. The worst manager in my lifetime not least for the circumstances surrounding his departure.

8 hours ago, Ian said:

Hes the worst manager weve had by a mile, a country one or any other kind

He made Jos, Eustace, Irvine, Monk and Moore look like Pep by comparison

All about opinions but Jos Luhukay and Alan Irvine were far far worse managers than Tony Pulis.

5 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

The worst manager in my lifetime not least for the circumstances surrounding his departure.

Why?

He was quite rightly horrified by some of the stuff he saw going on and incurred the chairman's wrath for refusing to take advice from one of his 'football advisors' (the one who's still in his teens), so offered to walk away from his contract for nothing. The chairman instead opted to fire him and pay him off.

The circumstances surrounding his departure just show how much of a basket case our club is, I'm afraid.

• Like 1

No one would have kept us up last season, no point blaming any manager, we didn’t have a fighting chance.

It easy to jump on the so called ‘outdated football’ but most Wednesday fans don’t want Pulis’ long ball and they don’t want Moore’s playing it out from the back either…. 

58 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Woah woah woah

What?

We won 1 game in 10

He was never ever going to keep us up - the players clearly weren’t engaged with his philosophy for a start, he got the bullet that early -  player power must have been involved

We won 4/5 league games in 2 months under NT before the end of Feb - that’s what kept us in with a shout, we’d have been down by March probably under Pulis. 

The worst manager in the history of the club

If players aren’t playing for manager your only heading in one direction 

9 hours ago, Ronio said:

Pulis would have kept us up.

I know many will think wtf, but I do believe we would have stayed up had he remained in the job.  

Many will disagree, the football would have been awful to watch, 451, 631 whatever you want to call it.  But we would have stayed up.  

No he wouldn’t. 
It was crystal clear how his management ‘skills’ destroyed what little team spirit we at that point which quickly was reflected in results