Predictions v Wimbledon

4 hours ago, Django said:

I’m going to go 1-1

We’re always going to concede avoidable goals while Moore insists playing out from the back with players who can’t play out from the back 

Be ok if we could string more than 3 passes together. Our movement off the ball is poor and players have to look up, get closed down before attempting to pass. All too predictable and slow.

1 hour ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Be ok if we could string more than 3 passes together. Our movement off the ball is poor and players have to look up, get closed down before attempting to pass. All too predictable and slow.

Spot on.

The players aren't good enough to play the way Moore wants, that's why they do those things.

4 hours ago, sheld1310 said:

I’m not sure I’d class the Ipswich goal as a result of playing out from the back.

It was a keeper error , He placed the ball on the floor and got mugged. That would still have happened if BPF was kicking it long IMO. 

Agree. He was time-wasting.

But I would go further and say this was actually an example of going long. If he had meant to play out from the back he would have bowled the ball out to Iorfa. He was kicking it long up the field and put the ball down because they get a better trajectory /accuracy on the kicks compared to when they kick it out of their hands.

I don't have a prediction, but would like to draw attention to Wimbledon having a player called:

Nesta Guinness-Walker

Sounds like a great defence on his own. A murky liquid flanked by two defensive geniuses.

According to Wikipedia he is also the great-grandson of Sir Alec Guinness.

1 hour ago, malek said:

We can't afford to give them lot of corners as no player in the league takes them better than Hartigan. 

This is getting beyond a joke.

are you seriously suggesting the players will be going to bed shivering with terror at the thought of defending corners against afc Wimbledon.

we are Sheffield Wednesday FFS.

12 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

The Bridge on the river Kwai...reyt film

The actual bridge for the film was built in Sri Lanka not Thailand, by a Sheffield engineer. Incidently, over 20 'Elephants' helped with construction.

I'm sure he was a Wednesdayite because Wednesdsyites are renowned for building bridges. 🙂

• Like 3

8 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

The Bridge on the river Kwai...reyt film

The actual bridge for the film was built in Sri Lanka not Thailand, by a Sheffield engineer. Incidently, over 20 'Elephants' helped with construction.

I'm sure he was a Wednesdayite because Wednesdsyites are renowned for building bridges. 🙂

Whereas the owners are renowned for burning them

9 hours ago, mcmigo said:

This is getting beyond a joke.

are you seriously suggesting the players will be going to bed shivering with terror at the thought of defending corners against afc Wimbledon.

we are Sheffield Wednesday FFS.

What is getting beyond a joke ?

I'm saying that AFC Wimbledon are dangerous from set piece deliveries and that it is something we should be aware of.

10 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

I don't have a prediction, but would like to draw attention to Wimbledon having a player called:

Nesta Guinness-Walker

Sounds like a great defence on his own. A murky liquid flanked by two defensive geniuses.

The force will be with him then…we have no chance!