Predictions v Wimbledon

48 minutes ago, Django said:

I’m going to go 1-1

We’re always going to concede avoidable goals while Moore insists playing out from the back with players who can’t play out from the back 

Quick question, how many have we conceded in 14 games this season from playing it out from the back?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tewkesbury said:

Quick question, how many have we conceded in 14 games this season from playing it out from the back?

2 from from my reckoning but we’ve got out of jail numerous times like we saw on Saturday. Bolton could easily have had a couple at least from us losing possession needlessly in dangerous areas 

4 minutes ago, Django said:

Ipswich and Oxford 

That satisfy your curiosity

I’m not sure I’d class the Ipswich goal as a result of playing out from the back.

It was a keeper error , He placed the ball on the floor and got mugged. That would still have happened if BPF was kicking it long IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Django said:

Ipswich and Oxford 

That satisfy your curiosity

I'd disagree with both of them to be honest. 

Ipswich was BPF timewasting more than anything. He drops it ro take longer.

Johnson miscontrolled and was caught in possession after they headed back a hoofed clearance. Pretty much the opposite of playing from the back.

1 minute ago, sheld1310 said:

I’m not sure I’d class the Ipswich goal as a result of playing out from the back.

It was a keeper error , He placed the ball on the floor and got mugged. That would still have happened if BPF was kicking it long IMO. 

He was putting it down to presumably pick out a pass as all the backline are told to do. It’s no good, none of them are comfortable doing it, Gibson got mugged after 5 minutes last week which was very lucky to go unpunished 

Just now, Django said:

He was putting it down to presumably pick out a pass as all the backline are told to do. It’s no good, none of them are comfortable doing it, Gibson got mugged after 5 minutes last week which was very lucky to go unpunished 

Not necessarily.

Loads of keepers do this when timewasting, stand there with it at their feet for a minute or so, waiting for the attacker, then boot it up the pitch or knock it to the side.

Just now, Django said:

Yeah I get that. But are you saying that goal only came from him placing the ball to pass out from the back?

Because I’m saying that it would have still happened if he’d planned to kick it long. Therefore I don’t agree that goal was a result of playing out from the back. 

Just now, sheld1310 said:

Yeah I get that. But are you saying that goal only came from him placing the ball to pass out from the back?

Because I’m saying that it would have still happened if he’d planned to kick it long. Therefore I don’t agree that goal was a result of playing out from the back. 

Maybe 

4 minutes ago, sheld1310 said:

Having said that though, I do agree that the players are struggling with playing out from back. Maybe it will come with time as they get used to it.

I remember same happened under Jos, then defenders just past it backed to Dawson under pressure who then booted it long lol. 

Edited by sheld1310

3 minutes ago, sheld1310 said:

Having said that though, I do agree that the players are struggling with playing out from back. Maybe it will come with time as they get used to it.

I remember same happened under Jos, then defenders just past it backed to Dawson under pressure who then booted it long lol. 

Yeah it did. Tom Lees got himself in all sorts of trouble many a time, most notably for the pure comedy goal conceded up at Middlesbrough

Playing out from the back is all well and good in the PL with world class players but in the pub league Moore is massively over complicating things