Weekend 11

Would move Palmer to CB cover if we're going to continue to play out from the back - out of Iorfa/Dunkey/Palmber he is the best at his distribution and we desperately need someone in there who can pick a pass out if DM won't change his Plan A due to injuries. 

Adeniran and Shodipo plenty of energy in the middle, Bannan the usual role - Byers/Hutch/Luongo leaving a massive gap in the DM role and Wing certainly isn't upto speed to deserve a place just yet.

BPF

Hunt Iorfa Palmer Brown 

Adeniran Bannan Shodipo 

Berahino Paterson

Gregory 

9 minutes ago, 0742 said:

If Palmer is the best option for picking a pass out and moving the ball forward from defence, then we truly are in the mire. Sure he wears square boots. 

Iorfa and Dunkley weakest points are playing the ball out  - they'll head, kick and tackle all day long. 

If we play Dunkley, then if Wimbledon have got anything about them they'll stick a man on Bannan who will no doubt be hugging the two central defenders to collect the ball off them and do the playing out. We at least need another distributor in defence in case Bannan is shut down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

Iorfa and Dunkley weakest points are playing the ball out  - they'll head, kick and tackle all day long. 

If we play Dunkley, then if Wimbledon have got anything about them they'll stick a man on Bannan who will no doubt be hugging the two central defenders to collect the ball off them and do the playing out. We at least need another distributor in defence in case Bannan is shut down. 

There are 4 in defence, why do the other three always knock it straight back to Dunkley? He gets loads of stick, but he always ends up with the ball and two attackers because every time he plays it forward or sideways, it comes straight back to him, so he has to hoof it.

The rest of the team need to start taking a bit of responsibility and stop dropping him in it.

• Like 1

In the absence of any defensive midfielders, hope we opt for a more attacking approach, rather than ask someone 'to do a job' in midfield.

My preference would be to play a solid back 4, not asking too much of wingbacks offensively and a forward thinking 6 in front of that. Bannan naturally sits deep, so don't need another next to him in a 433 (with 4 defenders backing him up) the other two in midfield can play further forward to support the front three.

• Like 2

I’m starting to give up on even thinking about what our starting 11 could possibly be now. I’d love an attacking lineup but just don’t think we have it in us to play like that. Keep it tight, defend deep, try to nick a goal. That’s about what I think I expect for Saturday.

Cant believe that’s my level of expectation now….

• Like 3

Wildsmith (deserves to keep his place, but probably won't)

Hunt     Iorfa      Dunkley     Palmer

Paterson   Adeniran   Bannan   Brown

Berahino    Gregory

Bring Shopido and Johnson on later if needed.  Hunt and Paterson can overlap when possible, same with Palmer and Brown.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I’m starting to give up on even thinking about what our starting 11 could possibly be now. I’d love an attacking lineup but just don’t think we have it in us to play like that. Keep it tight, defend deep, try to nick a goal. That’s about what I think I expect for Saturday.

Cant believe that’s my level of expectation now….

Likewise I've given up trying to guess our starting 11 and what positions they will be playing. 

I would like to see Corbeanu get a start but know that won't happen.

It will be 'horses for courses as DM sets us up to combat the wonderful, free flowing football of Wimbleona.

I'd like us to be more attack minded, getting plenty of bodies forward in and around their penalty area. Go for it, risk and reward.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

out of Iorfa/Dunkey/Palmber he is the best at his distribution.

And Palmber could take pelanties?

Though in seriousness, yes, if we are playing out then Palmer knocks spots of the hapless Dunkley.

Farrell 

Hunt

Big Dom 

Dunkley 

Brown 

Shopido 

Aderanin 

Dele

Johnson

Gregory 

Berahino 

Simple 4-4-2 

Plenty of legs and strength in Central midfield, which also protects the back four, something which we don't have when chasiri's love child plays. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Farrell 

Hunt

Big Dom 

Dunkley 

Brown 

Shopido 

Aderanin 

Dele

Johnson

Gregory 

Berahino 

Simple 4-4-2 

Plenty of legs and strength in Central midfield, which also protects the back four, something which we don't have when chasiri's love child plays. 

A losing hand.

wimbledon 5 - 0 sheff wed 

• Haha 1

Firstly there is no chance of 442. Wrong IMO.

Secondly I don’t think we have much choice to play Dunkley until Brennan is back from his loan. Worrying IMO.

Three very winnable games if we have a attacking mindset. We won’t as DM said he will pick the best team to negate the opposition. Wrong IMO.

We won’t keep the same side for 3 games. Wrong IMO.

Anyway what I would do:

Peacock-Farrell

Hunt Iorfa Dunkley Brown

Johnson Adenrian Wing Bannan

Gregory Corbeanau 

In an ideal world Hutchinson would be CH with Iorfa and Luongo CM with Adenrian but that’s what we have. 

3 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

There are 4 in defence, why do the other three always knock it straight back to Dunkley? He gets loads of stick, but he always ends up with the ball and two attackers because every time he plays it forward or sideways, it comes straight back to him, so he has to hoof it.

The rest of the team need to start taking a bit of responsibility and stop dropping him in it.

They pass it across the back line from wing to wing. Dunkley is part of that back line so it must go to him at some stage. If the opposition knows  he's uncomfortable with the ball all they need to do is put a man near him and as soon as the ball is played towards him they run at him as fast as possible. He will panic and they get the ball or he passes it on without looking and the guy receiving it gets a hospital pass.

Solution don't give him the ball, stop playing out or get more movement in midfield to give the man with the ball options so he doesn't have to pass to Dunkley.

1 minute ago, prowl said:

They pass it across the back line from wing to wing. Dunkley is part of that back line so it must go to him at some stage. If the opposition knows  he's uncomfortable with the ball all they need to do is put a man near him and as soon as the ball is played towards him they run at him as fast as possible. He will panic and they get the ball or he passes it on without looking and the guy receiving it gets a hospital pass.

Solution don't give him the ball, stop playing out or get more movement in midfield to give the man with the ball options so he doesn't have to pass to Dunkley.

They don't just pressure him, there was a point in the last game where he played it out 3-4 times, all to people in space, every time straight back without even a look round. His first ball rarely goes astray, it's the second or third, when it comes straight back.

It's back to nobody wanting the ball, to take responsibility. They could try to advance play, move it about but take the easy option nearly every time.

Watch Hunt, as soon as he's under pressure, he'll hit a hospital pass to the nearest player, marked or not, at least Dunks hoofs it if theres no pass on.

• Like 1