BLACK HISTORY MONTH | Owls players on their role models

Ban the idiot above.

regarding the Twitter stuff, it’s always the tosspots with no profile picture. I wonder what their employers would think if they were saying it with chest under a real profile. That’s if they even have a job to begin with 

Mental health issues, depression. They’ve got the lot 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Baldockowl said:

ERM Based on preliminary analysis, the global average atmospheric carbon dioxide in 2020 was 412.5 parts per million (ppm for short), setting a new record high amount despite the economic slowdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic

https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/number/PPM_to_Percent.html

421.4 PPM = 0.04215% of C02. 

ERM

Yes that's right because what your are not considering is the composition of air to begin with..

According to NASA, the gases in Earth's atmosphere include:

Nitrogen — 78 percent

Oxygen — 21 percent

Argon — 0.93 percent

Carbon dioxide — 0.04 percent

Trace amounts of neon, helium, methane

So human consumption has increased CO2 by 0.0215% where the baseline is 0.04

So pretty ******** huge!

Edited by Anthndav
Spwelling

3 hours ago, Bannofan said:

It's not one idiot though, it's a sizable majority that are influencing the direction of this country.

I dont think its a sizable majority or even a sizable minority.

There are thick fools in society, theres not many of them but they are loud.

The majority of people, the vast majority of people think racists are idiots.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

Of course it will. However that's what they want. They want it shutting down (not owlstalk). 

Why?

Because they don't what people celebrating there culture or infact highlighting or promoting diversity in the UK.

Which is infact what makes the UK great. We take all the good bits and adopt them.

Aint that cultural appropriation ??

lol

• Haha 2

Back on topic. 

Important to also note the World, Britain but more importantly Sheffield's fine standing activism against racial hatred and more importantly in years past... Slavery, was fought by the Sheffield Ladies.. One of the first anti slavery groups in the world. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Anne_Rawson

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I personally don't think we should have specific months for things like this etc. I think we should celebrate worthy things all the time regardless of what "category" it is in.

I remember watching Sky Sports News a week or so ago and saw a few things on black history month that stood out to me though, I found them below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo3KDGcA-Sg What Paul Pogba and Kyle Walker said ties into my first two sentences above, and I agree with what Dominic Calvin-Lewin said too.

https://www.skysports.com/olympics/news/15234/12420411/black-history-month-1960-long-jump-olympic-champion-ralph-boston-on-his-inspirational-life-and-incredible-anecdotes This isn't really about any race issues, it's just an amazing story if you've got time to watch/read it.

Ralph in the middle, Bo Roberson left and Igor Ter-Ovanesyan on the right in Rome 1960:

olympic-games-rome-italy-mens-long-jump- 

GQICJHNSWFEZRAPDB7BJOBF7RA.jpg 

Edited by Incognito Owl

5 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

I personally don't think we should have specific months for things like this etc. I think we should celebrate worthy things all the time regardless of what "category" it is in.

I remember watching Sky Sports News a week or so ago and saw a few things on black history month that stood out to me though, I found them below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo3KDGcA-Sg What Paul Pogba and Kyle Walker said ties into my first two sentences above, and I agree with what Dominic Calvin-Lewin said too.

https://www.skysports.com/olympics/news/15234/12420411/black-history-month-1960-long-jump-olympic-champion-ralph-boston-on-his-inspirational-life-and-incredible-anecdotes This isn't really about any race issues, it's just an amazing story if you've got time to watch/read it.

Ralph in the middle, Bo Roberson left and Igor Ter-Ovanesyan on the right in Rome 1960:

olympic-games-rome-italy-mens-long-jump- 

GQICJHNSWFEZRAPDB7BJOBF7RA.jpg 

*Calvert-Lewin

6 hours ago, Geedee said:

I dont think its a sizable majority or even a sizable minority.

There are thick fools in society, theres not many of them but they are loud.

The majority of people, the vast majority of people think racists are idiots.

I want to believe you and wish it was the case. If you said this 10 years ago I would have 100% agreed.

This past 5 years has been awful and from personal experience it isn’t just a few idiots. The UK is riddled with racists. 

They have been given the green light by those in charge to say and do what they like. You go about anywhere now, local shops, pubs etc. It’s normal to so many people. I bet a fair few don’t even know how vile they are being.

I nearly stayed in for the Euro final this year. I said to my mates. You’ve seen that it turns nasty if England lose. Who do you think the idiots will go for and who will be blamed if England lose. I left the second Saka missed knowing from experience that’s when things kick off.

Years ago my brother was jumped by two blokes walking home by himself. Had the poo beaten out of him, broken bones, all just because of the colour of his skin. Sadly it’s only getting worse and worse.

It is however noted and appreciated that those with intelligence and kindness are standing up and speaking out against the idiots more.

You can ask any person of colour and they will tell you just how exhausting it is to be treated differently (often negatively) just because the colour of your skin. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, S63 Owl said:

. I do think they could’ve gone one better and asked all players who their black role models are, not just our black players - this would’ve promoted Black History even more. 

not sure thats a good idea ....what happens if they havnt got one ?

57 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

I want to believe you and wish it was the case. If you said this 10 years ago I would have 100% agreed.

This past 5 years has been awful and from personal experience it isn’t just a few idiots. The UK is riddled with racists. 

They have been given the green light by those in charge to say and do what they like. You go about anywhere now, local shops, pubs etc. It’s normal to so many people. I bet a fair few don’t even know how vile they are being.

I nearly stayed in for the Euro final this year. I said to my mates. You’ve seen that it turns nasty if England lose. Who do you think the idiots will go for and who will be blamed if England lose. I left the second Saka missed knowing from experience that’s when things kick off.

Years ago my brother was jumped by two blokes walking home by himself. Had the poo beaten out of him, broken bones, all just because of the colour of his skin. Sadly it’s only getting worse and worse.

It is however noted and appreciated that those with intelligence and kindness are standing up and speaking out against the idiots more.

You can ask any person of colour and they will tell you just how exhausting it is to be treated differently (often negatively) just because the colour of your skin. 

Agree with your sentiments.  

Things seems to be getting worse and much more divisive.  

My mum has been spat at, punched, robbed, shoulder barged in supermarkets, you name it, and that is to someone in their late sixties. 

Makes me so angry.  

When I was in my twenties, I literally got stopped by police so many times and for no reason that my dad put in several complaints to the chief constable.  Nothing was ever done about.  It was one of the main reasons why I left the UK in the first place.  I could give so many examples of racism my family has experienced over the years.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, S63 Owl said:

Asked all players who their black role models are, not just our black players

This got me thinking - as a white middle aged man who are my black role models? So had a think and came up with the following:

Sport - Sir Vivian Richards

Music - Bob Marley

Politics - Nelson Mandela

Culture - Benjamin Zephaniah

TV - Derek Griffiths - first non-caucasian I ever saw