The great struggle 2005 - 2007

3 hours ago, nickswfc said:

Remember how difficult it used to be to take this monstrosity off after a kickabout or gym session?

Thousands of Wednesday fans in changing rooms wasting valuable hours trying to rip this away after a single drop of sweat superglued it to their backs, whilst their mates had alrealy showered, changed and were in the pub

wtf was it made of!?

Anyone moaning about the current kids can s0d off

image.png.c18e949bfbd3d7f50bfa36886c42aeae.png

🤮

38 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Wasn't this the Scott Carson season?

That was a likeable team managed by Brian Laws, who other than Carlos has come by far the closest to doing anything at this club in 20 odd years. 

A shame then that it should be associated with what I genuinely think might be one of the most hideous football shirts of all time, and that's just to look at it, nevermind feel the material. 

Ian turner after our keeper Lucas did his cruciate. Everton recalled him with 2 games to go and put him into the first team where he dropped a howler vs man utd

We had to use Adamson vs Birmingham which was a must win and he dropped a howler .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Really rated Laws; he seemed to get the club, the fans, the weight of expectation and history, without letting it become a millstone around his neck.

I was gutted when we sacked him. 

I recall it feeling due when it happened, but being quite sad that it reached that point. Similar to Sturrock and Carlos I guess, but yeah, Laws was my personal favourite of the bunch. It's not surprising to see him pop up still talking about Wednesday.

A good man who, as you say, seemed to understand and appreciate the job. I think Laws exhibited all the qualities that Wednesdayites ever ask of their managers - he just didn't have the resources to get the job over the line. 

• Like 2