Boring England, rather watch Owls

I've been a critic of Southgate but he was perfect through the turbulence of the Euro's - especially with the off-pitch nonsense which needed firm handling and addressing and he was very statesmanlike

I do think he messed up the final somewhat but we've got to give him a pass

I mean - a semi-final and a final in consecutive tournaments (and yes i appreciate the context but the outcome matters)

That's as good as we've achieved in our entire previous football history 

Just missing that final step

But he's more than earned the right to carry on and talk of replacing him is absurd 

And i'll reiterate i've never been a big fan of him as a manager but facts are facts

• Like 1

9 hours ago, owlinexile said:

Experienced what?  Beery English arseholes?

Everywhere with an EasyJet connection...

So you’ve no experience of being in a foreign city when England are playing then? Thought not.

Put your thinking cap on (sadly underused) & see if you can come up with any other  sweeping generalisations. 
😂😂 Easyjet ffs 

1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

So you’ve no experience of being in a foreign city when England are playing then? Thought not.

Put your thinking cap on (sadly underused) & see if you can come up with any other  sweeping generalisations. 
😂😂 Easyjet ffs 

I can see I have clearly touched a nerve...

On 12/10/2021 at 22:19, toppOwl said:

Need to get rid of Southgate, we have a great crop of players who he's going to waste if we're not careful.

Not a chance unfortunately, he’s an fa man through and through if they could have made a manager it would be exactly like Southgate 

4 hours ago, Frankie.G said:

Not a chance unfortunately, he’s an fa man through and through if they could have made a manager it would be exactly like Southgate 

Exactly mate you've summed it up perfectly, they'll take woke soundbites over actually winning things all day long.

23 hours ago, scram said:

I've been a critic of Southgate but he was perfect through the turbulence of the Euro's - especially with the off-pitch nonsense which needed firm handling and addressing and he was very statesmanlike

I do think he messed up the final somewhat but we've got to give him a pass

I mean - a semi-final and a final in consecutive tournaments (and yes i appreciate the context but the outcome matters)

That's as good as we've achieved in our entire previous football history 

Just missing that final step

But he's more than earned the right to carry on and talk of replacing him is absurd 

And i'll reiterate i've never been a big fan of him as a manager but facts are facts

I will never, ever give him a pass for screwing up our best chance of winning a major trophy in my lifetime.