Pink shirt

Must be the most popular away shirt ever? 

when I was scanning the ground you could see so much pink amongst blue and white

I was thinking shirt sales had increased because of the credit that people had but then I found that the credit is just against further tickets, which makes it even more impressive as we are on the back of a relegation and covid and loads are still buying it.

Guest Jack the Hat

Now i've had time to get used to the new kits, I think the home kit is the worst we have had in years, made worse by the back. Truly awful kit. Away kit OK, but who do you have to kill to get a yellow one again - a proper yellow not a bruised banana. Dont mind the pink at all but would love another yellow away shirt.

34 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Must be the most popular away shirt ever? 

when I was scanning the ground you could see so much pink amongst blue and white

I was thinking shirt sales had increased because of the credit that people had but then I found that the credit is just against further tickets, which makes it even more impressive as we are on the back of a relegation and covid and loads are still buying it.

The firm that supplies the original material must be making a fortune looking at the size of some of em (mine included) 😂

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Now i've had time to get used to the new kits, I think the home kit is the worst we have had in years, made worse by the back. Truly awful kit. Away kit OK, but who do you have to kill to get a yellow one again - a proper yellow not a bruised banana. Dont mind the pink at all but would love another yellow away shirt.

We haven’t had a decent yellow away shirt in nearly 30 years, let’s move on, the future is Pink 

42 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Yellow is the colour of anti-government protesters in Thailand. Can’t see DC having a yellow kit any time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Best away kit we've had since 15/16 in my humble opinion.

My little girl has no interest in football, but that kit made her want one and want to go to a match (she got both wishes, lost 2-1 to Oxford so she's bad luck).

Loads seem to love it, old, young, male, female, completely different to most we've had in the past.

But Darren off Cross is still kicking off because "it's PINK, all stick we (him to his 2 Blades mates) gev dem last year!!!"

• Like 3

Bought one for my 4-year-old to wear to football training, as that appears to be the done thing and he loves the pink kit. Even he said the back of the home shirt looks rubbish! 🤣

It would be nice if they'd get them back available to buy online, though. The current availability in adult sizes is...er...zero.

1443352782_Screenshot2021-10-12at12_26_58.png.b4743007e4618f8debeb9118b19cabf8.png

2 hours ago, musingowl said:

My little girl has no interest in football, but that kit made her want one and want to go to a match (she got both wishes, lost 2-1 to Oxford so she's bad luck).

Loads seem to love it, old, young, male, female, completely different to most we've had in the past.

But Darren off Cross is still kicking off because "it's PINK, all stick we (him to his 2 Blades mates) gev dem last year!!!"

Maybe the sleeping giant has woke up. 

Sorry

Guest Jack the Hat
2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

We haven’t had a decent yellow away shirt in nearly 30 years, let’s move on, the future is Pink 

Im all for new modern kits, we just haven't had a yellow one in ages. And its for that reason I hate the new home kit. We need to stop playing safe and go for something different.

5 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Im all for new modern kits, we just haven't had a yellow one in ages. And its for that reason I hate the new home kit. We need to stop playing safe and go for something different.

My favourite home shirt in recent years was the 150th anniversary one which had the classic solid blue body with white sleeves.

I probably wouldn't want it every season, but it made a nice change and was a tasteful nod towards our kits of old.

• Like 1

Horrid shirt I'm sad to say and the Home one is not much better, good job we're doing the bussiness on the field or things would be looking a tad rubbish....................oh wait !

A very pessimistic view, I know, but I'm slowly falling out of love with my club of nearly 40 years, do Wednesday do divorces?

Edited by Paddyowl

3 minutes ago, Paddyowl said:

Horrid shirt I'm sad to say and the Home one is not much better, good job we're doing the bussiness on the field or things would be looking a tad rubbish....................oh wait !

A very pessimistic view, I know, but I'm slowly falling out of love with my club of nearly 40 years, do Wednesday do divorces?

Shirt is selling loads though so you’re in a minority 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, musingowl said:

Cross lads aren’t frightened of a bit of pink ! .

Guest Jack the Hat
2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

My favourite home shirt in recent years was the 150th anniversary one which had the classic solid blue body with white sleeves.

I probably wouldn't want it every season, but it made a nice change and was a tasteful nod towards our kits of old.

100% agree. It looked smart with the black shorts and striped socks when Reach smashed that one in against Villa. Made a nice change. Southampton manage to vary the red white stripes well with the odd sash and centre stripe before returning to the stripes. This new one is just awful. I was hoping the new kit people would be more modern. I preferred the pre season kit. Some variation on that would have been better. Anything would have been better. I'm happy with the away top as its new and different, but would love us just to dip back into the yellow with light blue collar for a season.