Current position

Guest Whittonowl

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Windass is nothing like Forestieri and Hooper, not even a poor mans version.

We don't attack much because of the brand of football and the amount of players picked in the wrong position. 

We didn't attack much last season either when he was in the team. He played 41 games for a team that scored 40 times in 46 matches.  

I am not saying he is as good as them. Just similar in what he could offer.

Wait and see. We will create more when Windass comes back. This team needs an outlet like him in it. An intelligent player who knows where to be and where to run.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Wait and see. We will create more when Windass comes back. This team needs an outlet like him in it. An intelligent player who knows where to be and where to run.

Looking at the latest update on Josh it isn’t clear when he will make it back onto the pitch. Might well not be until well into November. 

I think Windass has been a big miss for us. At this level small improvements pay big dividends. Windass is one of our better attacking players and I would imagine would have gained us a couple more points with his involvement, which at this stage would have seen us well in the playoffs. 

My main worry is when we might see him again. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

We were lucky against Bolton, Fleetwood and Rotherham. Theres 9 points. The league position flatters how we are playing.

By the same token, if Bannan had scored that penalty, if the Goal keeper was not error prone, we would be in the top 6.

That's football.😉

With Windass, he will have to get back up to speed first off, then he's got new teammates to figure out. I think he will be a few weeks off even when he comes back to firing on all cylinders.

His record is less than 1 in 3 in League 2 and around 1 in 5 in the Championship.

He isn't going to be somebody that smashes them home every week, but hopefully he adds a little extra to our attacking play which has been lackluster.

2 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

By the same token, if Bannan had scored that penalty, if the Goal keeper was not error prone, we would be in the top 6.

That's football.😉

Also, we threw 2 points away at Ipswich in totally avoidable fashion. 

Guest Jack the Hat
3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I mean, we did score a perfectly good goal which was incorrectly ruled out as offside.

That's quite unlucky.

I think they were good for the point they got in all fairness.

In pre-season the vast majority of predictions seemed to be along the lines of "hope for the playoffs" rather than any real expectation of getting there. So it is interesting to see how those opinions have changed, understandably, because the league clearly isn't great quality from what we've seen so far.

I think position and points return wise we're doing well, I'd have snatched your hand off to not be in the bottom half and struggling a couple of months back, but the football has been crap for the most part, so that casts a dark cloud over everything.

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

You seem to have a hidden agenda here.;-)

Because I think a team away from home who had twice as many shots on target as the home team deserved a point?

We have played alot of very poor sides and not looked great. There is no real sign of improvement or direction. You don't get promoted with out scoring plenty of goals. He's not good enough..... Here we are again waiting for the a e to fall..... Over time things will not improve but not get disastrously worse so a long drawn out poor season watching boring dull crap... However reasonable you want to be.... This is League 1 and it's shown it is a very poor quality league, promotion or playoff final..... anything else is failure!!! 

The squad he has put together looks poor. Either they are or he's not getting anything near what he should out of them..... So far I think virtually all have been very disappointing. I'm sick of seeing players receive the ball freeze looking around at everyone clueless.... It happens all the time!!!!!

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, ashley8 said:

[snip]

I'm sick of seeing players receive the ball freeze looking around at everyone clueless.... It happens all the time!!!!!

This was what was diferrent about the Carlos era for me - it was the first time since the mid 90s that I'd seen us not consistently make the other lot look like the only football team on the pitch, and we have fallen back into that since his demise.

As to this season, the points haul so far is objectively decent unless you think we should be weeing the league by birthright. We're not great but we're grinding it out.

Does this inevitably mean we'll start to fall off the pace? People said that in Carlos's second season, and were wrong, and in Monk's sacking season, and were right. I don't think anyone can predict that reliably, and we might still improve.

2 hours ago, WC1Owl said:

This was what was diferrent about the Carlos era for me - it was the first time since the mid 90s that I'd seen us not consistently make the other lot look like the only football team on the pitch, and we have fallen back into that since his demise.

As to this season, the points haul so far is objectively decent unless you think we should be weeing the league by birthright. We're not great but we're grinding it out.

Does this inevitably mean we'll start to fall off the pace? People said that in Carlos's second season, and were wrong, and in Monk's sacking season, and were right. I don't think anyone can predict that reliably, and we might still improve.

The difference was with Carlos his stupid philosophy has all was been his undoing but when he started to feel he pressure he would switch to a more attacking style and we would win a few games by the  unfortunately revert to his negative ways.... Monk in his first season with Fletcher goals I  the first half was keeping us in a false position the  following season no replacement for Fletcher goal (still none) and poor signings we went down. Now Moore has one idea and can't get the best out of his players... that isn't working and has no clue how to change a game.... 

On 12/10/2021 at 09:36, pazowl55 said:

I reckon windass will be a star in this league 

• Like 2