Current position

Guest Whittonowl

5 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Left wing back…we’re crying out for one 

Shouldn't have let Forestieri go, Monk had a plan for him. 

26 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

How many points did his goals and assists win us?

How many players is Moore getting the best out of? 

What is this, 'twenty questions'?

:duntmatter:

Look it up if you want. I can't be arsed, and it's not relevant to what I said in the first place.

Hopefully once Windass is back to full fitness, we'll look more threatening in attack. That's it, really.

• Like 1

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Look it up if you want. I can't be arsed, and it's not relevant to what I said in the first place.

Hopefully once Windass is back to full fitness, we'll look more threatening in attack. That's it, really.

The manager is not doing a great job if we have to be reliant on getting Windass back in order to look a threat. 

Windass could be the next Heffernan, the less he plays the better his reputation becomes. He hasn't been that effective. Yes he should be an asset at this level, so should players like Berahino, Shodipo, Wing, Corbeanu etc. that Moore can't get a tune out of. 

36 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

But equally we were unlucky against Morecambe and Shrewsbury, so there's 5 points back.

Plus would argue even if we were lucky to win some of those games, we weren't looking like losing many of them, so 9 points is a stretch. Rotherham and Bolton managed 3 shots on target between them. Fleetwood had as many shots as us, but ours were better chances.

Don't think we're in a false position (either too high or too low), so clearly we need to improve. But not a million miles off. One of the best defences in the league, but need to attack better.

This is true

As sheite as we’ve been. We could easily be sat joint top now

BPF doesn’t throw one in v Ipswich +2 points

Bannan scores pen and Shodipo’s goal is allowed v Shrews +2 points

Pen v Oxford +1 point 

That 5 points puts us joint top

3 minutes ago, Django said:

This is true

As sheite as we’ve been. We could easily be sat joint top now

BPF doesn’t throw one in v Ipswich +2 points

Bannan scores pen and Shodipo’s goal is allowed v Shrews +2 points

Pen v Oxford +1 point 

That 5 points puts us joint top

If's but's maybe's.......if my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle.

If Rotherham score their penalty we lose 3 points - our record when falling behind says so.

If Iorfa gets a second yellow first half against Bolton we don't win that game.

We hardly deserved more than a point against Ipswich, our goalkeeper error happened, just as did our goal with virtually our only shot of the game. 

Do you really think we'd deserve to be joint top based on how we have played?  

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The manager is not doing a great job if we have to be reliant on getting Windass back in order to look a threat. 

Windass could be the next Heffernan, the less he plays the better his reputation becomes. He hasn't been that effective. Yes he should be an asset at this level, so should players like Berahino, Shodipo, Wing, Corbeanu etc. that Moore can't get a tune out of. 

No, I didn't say the manager was doing a great job; just that we should look more of a threat once Windass returns.

He's our best attacking player for my money, and that's based on what he's offered in a Wednesday shirt to date: a direct goal involvement every 182 mins.

If we can get him back and firing, then he should be a crucial player for us.

• Like 1

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

No, I didn't say the manager was doing a great job; just that we should look more of a threat once Windass returns.

He's our best attacking player for my money, and that's based on what he's offered in a Wednesday shirt to date: a direct goal involvement every 182 mins.

If we can get him back and firing, then he should be a crucial player for us.

Fir all this direct goal involvement our points per game record last season, and the season before since Windass joined has been better in the games he hasn't played in than in the games he has. 

11 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If's but's maybe's.......if my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle.

If Rotherham score their penalty we lose 3 points - our record when falling behind says so.

If Iorfa gets a second yellow first half against Bolton we don't win that game.

We hardly deserved more than a point against Ipswich, our goalkeeper error happened, just as did our goal with virtually our only shot of the game. 

Do you really think we'd deserve to be joint top based on how we have played?  

No but this league is so useless that bar a couple of fine margins we could be top

7 minutes ago, Django said:

No but this league is so useless that bar a couple of fine margins we could be top

and by the same token we could be bottom half.

We are where we are, it is OK position wise but the fact is we are playing crap and it has got worse as the season has progressed when it should be improving with time to gel. 

59 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Fir all this direct goal involvement our points per game record last season, and the season before since Windass joined has been better in the games he hasn't played in than in the games he has. 

Okay.

Are you suggesting the two are linked?

Last season, he only didn't play in 5 games, in which we won 1, drew 3, and lost 1. It's hardly a big sample size. The season before, he joined at the close of the January window, by which point our descent down the table after sitting 3rd at the halfway point was already in full swing.

Should we not pick him once he's back fit?

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Okay.

Are you suggesting the two are linked?

Last season, he only didn't play in 5 games, in which we won 1, drew 3, and lost 1. It's hardly a big sample size. The season before, he joined at the close of the January window, by which point our descent down the table after sitting 3rd at the halfway point was already in full swing.

Should we not pick him once he's back fit?

What's this 20 questions?!

lol

No I am not saying don't pick him, I'm just suggesting thinking our results might change significantly due to him being in the side is by no means assured. 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I really like Windass and think under the right manager he would be a real threat in L1, from what we’ve seen so far this season I fear Moore is just too negative to get the best out of him or most of our players.

I also think overall we are lucky not to be a few places lower considering some of the near misses.

Edited by Spookone
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

lol

No I am not saying don't pick him, I'm just suggesting thinking our results might change significantly due to him being in the side is by no means assured. 

Assuming (hoping) there are no lasting effects of his injury, I'd back him to add a bit of drive and attacking impetus to our team, at least.

He did it pretty regularly in the Championship, so I don't see why he couldn't do the same in League One.

If we can cut out the individual errors which have cost us a fair chunk of point already this season, then a player like him should make a real difference to our squad.

I do still worry about the lack of a reliable defensive midfielder, though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Assuming (hoping) there are no lasting effects of his injury, I'd back him to add a bit of drive and attacking impetus to our team, at least.

He did it pretty regularly in the Championship, so I don't see why he couldn't do the same in League One.

If we can cut out the individual errors which have cost us a fair chunk of point already this season, then a player like him should make a real difference to our squad.

I do still worry about the lack of a reliable defensive midfielder, though.

I hope you are right but until Moore starts to put square pegs in square holes all over the pitch then the same disjointed performances are likely with or without Windass. 

We are averaging a goal every 3 attempts on target, not bad at all...which is similar to Plymouth top of the league.

Although our goals to attempts ratio is good..3 attempts per game on target is not enough...obviously.

We need to be averaging 6 or more attempts on target. To do that we need a good playmaker...can Windass be the man..I doubt it. Not the way we set up.

Quite obviously we can score. If Moore would be more adventurous...a lot more.

Think it would pay dividends....and our defence isn't that bad...although sometimes..jeeez.

Guest Jack the Hat
12 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

But equally we were unlucky against Morecambe and Shrewsbury, so there's 5 points back.

Plus would argue even if we were lucky to win some of those games, we weren't looking like losing many of them, so 9 points is a stretch. Rotherham and Bolton managed 3 shots on target between them. Fleetwood had as many shots as us, but ours were better chances.

Don't think we're in a false position (either too high or too low), so clearly we need to improve. But not a million miles off. One of the best defences in the league, but need to attack better.

We weren't lucky against Shrewsbury, they were good value for their point . They had twice as many attempts on target. Yes, we missed a pen, but we have saved 3 so far. At Morecambe we deserved a draw, so 1 point back . Which is -8 and puts us on 10 points in our familiar ' hovering above relegation' pose.

10 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

lol

I think they will. Because he is a bit like Hooper and Forestieri used to be where he drops deep and occupies the right spaces to set up the attacks. Its why we don't attack much. because we need that link player between the midfield and attack that knows that role and has the ability to do it . McGeady does this perfectly for Sunderland.

Just now, pazowl55 said:

I think they will. Because he is a bit like Hooper and Forestieri used to be where he drops deep and occupies the right spaces to set up the attacks. Its why we don't attack much. because we need that link player between the midfield and attack that knows that role and has the ability to do it . McGeady does this perfectly for Sunderland.

Windass is nothing like Forestieri and Hooper, not even a poor mans version.

We don't attack much because of the brand of football and the amount of players picked in the wrong position. 

We didn't attack much last season either when he was in the team. He played 41 games for a team that scored 40 times in 46 matches.