Current position

Guest Whittonowl

Guest Whittonowl

Good afternoon 

We now have 18 points. We are one point off play off positions. We have decent league one players. Who in their right minds expect us to walk the league????

I don’t expect them to walk the league but to be competitive enough for a playoff spot if not top two. So far, so good but there’s room for improvement. So no walk back to the C’ship. Grind it out until April and be in position for promotion. UTO 

The last time we went straight back up from relegation was in 1990/91, and it's only happened twice since 1960. The fact that we are where we are is a positive - though I do think this is the strongest squad first season after relegation that we've had for 20 years.

Guest Jack the Hat
43 minutes ago, Whittonowl said:

Good afternoon 

We now have 18 points. We are one point off play off positions. We have decent league one players. Who in their right minds expect us to walk the league????

We were lucky against Bolton, Fleetwood and Rotherham. Theres 9 points. The league position flatters how we are playing.

I do agree Jack The Hat althouigh in the interests of balance a linesman robbed us on two points re Shrewsbury with a pathetic off side call.

We really need to start firing to even think about promotion.

Moore has so far failed to get the team firing imo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

We were lucky against Bolton, Fleetwood and Rotherham. Theres 9 points. The league position flatters how we are playing.

Rotherham?

Watched that game and after the first 20 minutes we were all over them.

Even their own commentators were creaming themselves over us.

So I don't know where lucky comes in

• Haha 1

Over the longer term, performances will be reflected in the points tally.  So far the performances have been dreadful (possibly Wigan was an exception) and if DM doesn't get more out of the squad, our league position will be lower as the fixtures go by.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kevan said:

Over the longer term, performances will be reflected in the points tally.  So far the performances have been dreadful (possibly Wigan was an exception) and if DM doesn't get more out of the squad, our league position will be lower as the fixtures go by.

I'm not sure if DM and his coaching staff are capable of getting more out of this squad, although I hope they do. I don't dislike DM, however, I feel we would be better off with a manger who likes his teams to play attacking football and I don't believe this will happen under DM.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Stay in touch until Windass is back, then kick on, hopefully.

Add a reliable replacement for Luongo in Jan, too.

It's all about still being in the running for a playoff spot by the time these things are in place for me.

Where do you think he will play Windass?

His current selections are getting the best out of few if any. 

22 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Where do you think he will play Windass?

His current selections are getting the best out of few if any. 

He mostly played him as an attacking midfielder / second striker in the Championship.

If he continues with his ratio of a direct goal involvement every 151 minutes which he had under Moore last season, that would be good.

Of course, there's every chance he could better that playing at a lower level.

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Rotherham?

Watched that game and after the first 20 minutes we were all over them.

Even their own commentators were creaming themselves over us.

So I don't know where lucky comes in

The penalty goes in I reckon we lose that game.

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He mostly played him as an attacking midfielder / second striker in the Championship.

If he continues with his ratio of a direct goal involvement every 151 minutes which he had under Moore last season, that would be good.

Of course, there's every chance he could better that playing at a lower level.

Really?

He played 1,210 minutes under more and scored 4 times. Only one more goal than Julian Borner managed under Moore. 

Must have got a fair few assists. 

He should be good at this level, but so should plenty of players that Moore is not currently getting a tune out of. 

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Really?

He played 1,210 minutes under more and scored 4 times. Only one more goal than Julian Borner managed under Moore. 

Must have got a fair few assists. 

He should be good at this level, but so should plenty of players that Moore is not currently getting a tune out of. 

Yeah, 4 goals and 4 assists in those 1210 mins.

If he can have a similar return or better in League One, then he'll be a real asset again.

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Stay in touch until Windass is back, then kick on, hopefully.

Add a reliable replacement for Luongo in Jan, too.

It's all about still being in the running for a playoff spot by the time these things are in place for me.

Good balanced view. Very much feel the same 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

But equally we were unlucky against Morecambe and Shrewsbury, so there's 5 points back.

Plus would argue even if we were lucky to win some of those games, we weren't looking like losing many of them, so 9 points is a stretch. Rotherham and Bolton managed 3 shots on target between them. Fleetwood had as many shots as us, but ours were better chances.

Don't think we're in a false position (either too high or too low), so clearly we need to improve. But not a million miles off. One of the best defences in the league, but need to attack better.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yeah, 4 goals and 4 assists in those 1210 mins.

If he can have a similar return or better in League One, then he'll be a real asset again.

How many points did his goals and assists win us?

How many players is Moore getting the best out of? 

Style of football under Moore is a disgrace, the negative, defensive football makes me want to pull my eyes out. We have some decent attacking players for this level but they aren’t being allowed to do what they are capable of. Even winning at the weekend felt very flat because it was another performance with next to no excitement. 

• Like 4