Many year ago.. in a time far far away

Enjoyed that. I'd read our official site more if there were regular articles on our history against upcoming opposition etc. 

50 minutes ago, flo said:

Dream on Wimbledon our rivalry continued with MK dons

Ugh. What happened to the option to neg posts on here?  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RigBon said:

How can they talk about when "they" played us 42 years ago? AFC Wimbledon were founded less than 20 years ago!!

Because they see themselves as the spiritual continuation of the previous incarnation of Wimbledon FC, following the relocation of their club nearly 60 miles away to create Franchise FC.

I know if someone moved Wednesday to Cleethorpes or some equally random place, I'd feel like that was no longer my club and would support any phoenix club in Sheffield as the rightful continuation of our legacy.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hopefully the result isn't the same as the last time we last played Wimbledon away.

Think we lost 3-0 when we got relegated to the third division? I remember them putting 5 past us under Jewell. Hope they don't write about those games as they were completely one sided.

The last Plough lane game, I think we drew 1-1 down there. Didn't Gordon Watson score for us?

8 hours ago, RigBon said:

How can they talk about when "they" played us 42 years ago? AFC Wimbledon were founded less than 20 years ago!!

A year of soulless Covid-ball, an era of Saudi regime's buying clubs and support a club currently being run into the ground by our own clueless "leader", and people still think like this..

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, katie melua said:

The last Plough lane game, I think we drew 1-1 down there. Didn't Gordon Watson score for us?

Don't think so. Think last time we played at Plough Lane would have been the 89/90 relegation season, Watson signed in 1991. Only time I went to Wimbledon was a night match in the 91/92 season and it was at Selhurst Park, there were only just over 3k there for a top flight game, and half of them were Wednesdayites.

18 hours ago, flo said:

Interesting article on their website about season ticket holders average turnout is 70% of games.

If that is similar at Hillsborough it explains why it looks more empty

It did surprise me reading that.

So on average 3 in every 10 supporters who committed to buying a ticket for every match are missing from one game to the next. 

Sometimes urgent matters will crop up and there are the odd holidays and weddings but 3 in every 10 season ticket holders not turning up each week seems high to me. 

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So on average 3 in every 10 supporters who committed to buying a ticket for every match are missing from one game to the next. 

Sometimes urgent matters will crop up and there are the odd holidays and weddings but 3 in every 10 season ticket holders not turning up each week seems high to me. 

They probably support other London clubs, but pretend to be AFC Wimbledon fans to seem cool.

If their supporters could be arsed to turn up back in the day, they'd still have their club.

22 minutes ago, alanharper said:

They probably support other London clubs, but pretend to be AFC Wimbledon fans to seem cool.

If their supporters could be arsed to turn up back in the day, they'd still have their club.

Seems a bit harsh. 

Even when they won the FA Cup they were averaging less than 8,000 at home. It went up a bit in the mid-90's, probably due to loads of away fans turning up to Selhurst Park.

As soon as they got relegated it was back around the 7,000 mark. Not sure their supporters stopped turning up regularly - they never had that many fans to turn up.  

32 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If my reasoning is correct that's equivalent on average to everyone attending 70% of their games in a season. 

That's the average season ticket holder going to 16 games and missing 7.

I don't go to all the home games but if I was missing 7 every season I wouldn't be buying a season ticket.