Winter cricket - T20 World Cup & The Ashes

Adem Poric

3 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

Watched til lunch. Aussies bowled really well. 

It can rain for four days now please.

Same here.

I was looking forward to watching all the way through now I'm off work for a few days after today. Not going to bother now.

Harsh to judge on 5 sessions, especially after the limited prep, but England would appear to lack the ruthless streak that wins you series. 

Similar lack of prep for Oz, and whilst they’ve ridden my their luck today, good teams in any sport seem to find a way.

Unrelated, how (and I didn’t know this at the time, and haven’t seen any footage of it yet) do you get 3 front foot no balls without the umpire calling anything, and only notice the fourth time because it’s a wicket check? At Test Cricket level?

2 hours ago, TheBoyBeevers said:

Harsh to judge on 5 sessions, especially after the limited prep, but England would appear to lack the ruthless streak that wins you series. 

Similar lack of prep for Oz, and whilst they’ve ridden my their luck today, good teams in any sport seem to find a way.

Unrelated, how (and I didn’t know this at the time, and haven’t seen any footage of it yet) do you get 3 front foot no balls without the umpire calling anything, and only notice the fourth time because it’s a wicket check? At Test Cricket level?

Aren’t third umpires meant to be checking for no balls too? Terrible umpiring.

All the analysis in the world isn’t going to change the fact that this England side isn’t very good

We don’t have an opening batter, let alone an opening pair. Add to that we also can’t find a number 3

You are never going to build big first innings totals when you are constantly facing a 20/3 scorecard

The bowling attack is inconsistent and appears to be totally incapable of playing back to back test matches. Add to that we don’t have a decent spinner

The Aussies won’t even have to play good cricket to win 5-0 at this rate

• Like 1

We actually bowled ok for the first hour. Robinson especially bowled good areas. We may have been a tad short but it wasn't too bad. Labuschagne left the ball well while it was nipping around. 

The big difference was we didnt take our chances. Missed catches, missed run outs, wickets off no balls. Classic England.

• Like 1