Winter cricket - T20 World Cup & The Ashes

Adem Poric

Whether Stokes bowls or not you can’t be going with Woakes at 7, you don’t have the batting in the rest of your bowlers to do that. If Stokes bowls I’d let Woakes carry the drinks. If Stokes doesn’t bowl then Leach should carry the drinks and Root can bowl a few quick overs.

You’re right of course- would have been suicidal but they did it against India…

Squad just announced and looks like it’s just a simple case of 3 from Woakes, Wood, Broad and Leach like you say. They seem to like Woakes as a safe conservative option, and Robinson is a cert. Tough choice on the others.

I think it'll b Broad, Wood and Leach. Woakes and Anderson saved for the second Test, probably come in for Broad and Wood there. Robinson needs to play so we can see if we have got what we think we have with him. I'd be disappointed if we dont go in with Leach. Sounds like Stokes will be fine for ten overs a day.

Glad we've gone for Pope over Bairstow. Pope is one of our few young players who could potentially reach the top, he has to play. 

7 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

I think it'll b Broad, Wood and Leach. Woakes and Anderson saved for the second Test, probably come in for Broad and Wood there. Robinson needs to play so we can see if we have got what we think we have with him. I'd be disappointed if we dont go in with Leach. Sounds like Stokes will be fine for ten overs a day.

Glad we've gone for Pope over Bairstow. Pope is one of our few young players who could potentially reach the top, he has to play. 

That’s what I would do. Watching the Big Bash last night they were saying it would be either Broad or Leach who miss out. I mean Broad doesn’t have a great record in Australia but Woakes is worse. Also Broad has Warner’s number and surely you have to take advantage of that.

11 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

I don’t have BT Sport.  Is there anywhere else to watch us being bowled out in the first hour before I give it up and go to bed?

VPN to Australia and go to 7plus.com.au. Might need to create an account. Think it’s what they are calling Cricket Scorecard on there.