Winter cricket - T20 World Cup & The Ashes

Adem Poric

13 minutes ago, R-Sole14 said:

I'd say your tail starts at 1, takes a break at 4 and 5 and then straight back into the tail. Our strength is in having 3 Test batsman compared to your 2.

Dont know what you're on about mate, Malan averages 42 in Tests in Australia...

I actually think that Crawley will like batting in Aus as he's looked at his best against pace on roads. I dont have much confidence in Hameed and Burns but at least they are battlers and will be up for the fight. Unfortunately you have CUmmins and Hazlewood and they are probably the best two seamers in the world.

1 hour ago, R-Sole14 said:

I was going to maker a comment about Green, but lets be honest he is still an unknown quantity at Test level and Perth is a long way from Trent Bridge in both conditions and distance.

In Aussie conditions against an English attack I think he will be fine. He averages over 53 in Aussie first class matches. Don’t think England have bowling attack to worry any Aussie batter

9 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

Dont know what you're on about mate, Malan averages 42 in Tests in Australia...

I actually think that Crawley will like batting in Aus as he's looked at his best against pace on roads. I dont have much confidence in Hameed and Burns but at least they are battlers and will be up for the fight. Unfortunately you have CUmmins and Hazlewood and they are probably the best two seamers in the world.

Is Crawley going to be able to deal with the bounce. Although I think Crawley did play club cricket in Perth previously so that will help.

9 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

In Aussie conditions against an English attack I think he will be fine. He averages over 53 in Aussie first class matches. Don’t think England have bowling attack to worry any Aussie batter

Agreed, but Poric’s point was about in English conditions.

4 hours ago, R-Sole14 said:

Tim Paine has stepped down as captain after being outed for doing a Warnie.

36 year old, no cricket played since April, is he going to get picked for the first test or is it time for him to step aside?

Aussie captain breaks down in tears to garner sympathy when he’s done something naughty. Seen that one before.

Hopefully he stays in the side and they don’t replace him with someone who can keep and bat.

1 minute ago, Adem Poric said:

Aussie captain breaks down in tears to garner sympathy when he’s done something naughty. Seen that one before.

Hopefully he stays in the side and they don’t replace him with someone who can keep and bat.

They could bring in Wade.

31 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

36 year old, no cricket played since April, is he going to get picked for the first test or is it time for him to step aside?

I'd be replacing him.

7 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

The on thing you can guarantee in Australia is the weather, right? FFS.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59401294 

La Niña means it’s going to be a rainy summer along the east coast. Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne Tests may struggle to get results.

31 minutes ago, R-Sole14 said:

La Niña means it’s going to be a rainy summer along the east coast. Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne Tests may struggle to get results.

So you're saying there's a chance it wont be five nil?

I'll take that.

28 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

So you're saying there's a chance it wont be five nil?

I'll take that.

Let’s not get too far ahead of yourself. Probably means the Tests will last 5 days.

Thrown on the South Africa v Netherlands ODI and the Zulu commentary is coming through. Fox Sports put up a little note saying "We apologise for the temporary loss of commentary". Which after a few minutes changed to "We apologise for the temporary loss of English commentary".