Winter cricket - T20 World Cup & The Ashes

Adem Poric

Surely Chris Gayle will be in trouble with the match referee. I don’t think pretending to bribe Warner or then hugging Marsh after taking his wicket will be seen in the spirit of the game.

On 06/11/2021 at 10:31, R-Sole14 said:

Surely Chris Gayle will be in trouble with the match referee. I don’t think pretending to bribe Warner or then hugging Marsh after taking his wicket will be seen in the spirit of the game.

What are they going to do? Ban him from the next World Cup when he's 46? FWIW, I thought it was funny. Was a bit like Chellini with Jordi Albi at the Euro's, with Marsh forced to grin through it even though he was fuming.

5 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

What are they going to do? Ban him from the next World Cup when he's 46? FWIW, I thought it was funny. Was a bit like Chellini with Jordi Albi at the Euro's, with Marsh forced to grin through it even though he was fuming.

What I said was in jest and clearly everyone took it in the way it was intended by Gayle.

I know Gayle is Universe Boss but I’m pretty sure even he can’t age 4 years before the 2022 T20 World Cup. FIFA definitely taking note of the one year turnaround.

Third final for us now - hopefully we get Australia to get payback on the 2015 World Cup Final. 

Special shout to Daryl Mitchell for refusing to take a run when he collided with Rashid. Typical sportmanship that the cricket team show here, shame the rugby union fans don't take note

Think England needed about 180, 190 given the power hitters we have in the middle (Phillips, Neesham, Santner can all score quickly even though you got Phillips out). Even with the Livingstone over passed, It wasn't out of reach for us. 

Just watched some highlights on BBC sport website. New Zealand want 4 to win. Camera pans to crowd.and guess which recently sacked manager is sitting in the crowd?

1 hour ago, darra said:

Just watched some highlights on BBC sport website. New Zealand want 4 to win. Camera pans to crowd.and guess which recently sacked manager is sitting in the crowd?

spending some of his huge payout, can’t knock the bloke 

shocking last few others from us at the end. 

Losing the toss was a big factor. We havent been great at setting targets in T20's. I thought we needed 175 before the chase started but New Zealand would have got there anyway. Played it perfectly knowing we had poor death bowling to come. No Archer or Mills really limits us. 

Kiwis deserve it though. No issue with losing to them, they are an excellent cricket team with a lot of very good people. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

Why didnt Warner review :laugh: 

We all know he is a little thick. Maybe because Watson is over there doing commentary he just assumed that all the reviews were already used up.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

Everyone knows it's shit and nobody actually cares about it.

Pretend all you want but it is the absolute pinnacle of cricket*

Meanwhile in real cricket news selectors have confirmed that Marcus Harris will open with Warner for the first Test. Pucovski out of contention due to concussion. That means for us the only spot up for grabs is in the middle order and on form Khawaja deserves it. I actually would like to see Maxwell get a chance, has done well in trying conditions whenever picked for Tests and gets limited opportunities in Shield cricket due to his pyjama cricket commitments.

*Depending on the result of the final that absolutely nobody in either Australia or New Zealand will watch due to ridiculous scheduling.