Winter cricket - T20 World Cup & The Ashes

Adem Poric

Also, can we just say that the way Yorkshire has handled the racism allegations from Azeem Rafique is deplorable. Passing off him being repeatedly called a "P*ki" as banter is disgusting.

No matter who it was they should have been named and shamed. 

5 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

Australia’s issue is that they have given the old guard one too many world cups and not brought in the next generation 

They were never going to win this so why pick the likes of Warner, Stoinis, Smith, Wade etc

They should have used this World Cup to blood some of the next generation of players 

The younger players haven’t performed when they’ve been picked. Which is why we have Smith and Wade still being picked. I don’t think there would be any acceptance of playing a weaker team to give them experience in a major tournament.

We have no consistency in our T20 squads series to series either. Smith, Warner and the three fast bowlers are too often rested from T20s. 

5 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

Yeah there's no need to have Agar in there over Marsh as long as Maxwell is an option to bowl his offies.

Could Stoinis open with Warner, have FInch at four and then keep Maxwell back as a floater in the middle order? I cant see you dropping Smith or Warner even if they aren't in great nick.

Finch could drop down the order and he did it in the Big Bash, but I doubt it will happen. You could drop Smith and have Warner or Finch at 3. Move Stoinis to open and perhaps we could bring in Daniel Sams who is a good T20 all rounder and a good finisher.

11 hours ago, R-Sole14 said:

The younger players haven’t performed when they’ve been picked. Which is why we have Smith and Wade still being picked. I don’t think there would be any acceptance of playing a weaker team to give them experience in a major tournament.

We have no consistency in our T20 squads series to series either. Smith, Warner and the three fast bowlers are too often rested from T20s. 

Still think the likes of Phillippe, Green and Inglis should be in this side

25 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Still think the likes of Phillippe, Green and Inglis should be in this side

Inglis is backup to Wade and I think the likes of Philippe's failures have probably hampered Inglis chances.

Green (I'm assuming Cameron) hasn't played a lot of T20 and his potential for Test cricket is way too important.

Our team is on the conservative side and if we continue down this path it will become England 2015 World Cup like  if we don't change approach.

On 02/11/2021 at 15:40, Adem Poric said:

Also, can we just say that the way Yorkshire has handled the racism allegations from Azeem Rafique is deplorable. Passing off him being repeatedly called a "P*ki" as banter is disgusting.

No matter who it was they should have been named and shamed. 

Think it was obvious with Rafiq replying to the racial slur with 'Zimbo' that the player involved was Gary Ballance.

Think some journalists were reluctant to name Gary Ballance at first as he has suffered from mental health issues recently.

Also I believe it it was an independent panel that concluded it was banter not YCCC, although YCCC couldn't have handled the whole episode any worse it it tried.

Comes across as people in charge at Yorkshire hoping to sweep it under the carpet to save their own necks.

Expect nearly all people in charge at YCCC to lose they jobs including most of the coaching staff, probably a few players to leave as well.\

Cant see them having international cricket at Headingley for the foreseeable future.

Looks very bleak for the club.

How Yorkshire have handled it from the start has been disgraceful. Dismiss his accusations because he was a bad egg. Be pleased with the findings because you didn’t have to punish anyone. They may as well have said it could never have happened because they don’t sweat and were at Pizza Express.

Think it was slightly inevitable them taking back the International games until further notice.

I too got a tickets for the Headingley Test in 2022, hopefully wont be too long with the refund.

Not having much luck with test tickets with Rain, Covid, Indian Team more worried about IPL and now YCCC trying to bury a race report.

Think I will just watch on TV from now on!

Think YCCC will probably be relegated to Division 2, Board resign and ECB take over running of the club in exchange for remaining a First Class county. 

This thing will start to unravel, and it’s already starred with Rafiq calling Vaughan out as a racist for picking Kane Williamson one him. 

As for Yorkshire, shambles, and the aforementioned unraveling is too late. The only way out of total capitulation now is for the whole committee to resign and start afresh. It will set the club back years. 

4 minutes ago, markowl said:

Roger Hutton resigns as Yorkshire Chairman.

The whole pack of cards will collapse now.

According to the BBC news just now Hutton saying he asked the ECB to get involved and they declined.