Your Team v Wimbledon

Wildsmith

Hunt           Iorfa    Dunkley**        Palmer.                                                                                                                 

Adeniran    DeleBashiru  Shopido.           

Corbeanu                                  Berahino/Sow

Gregory 

** If Hutchinson/Gibson are injured

I would really like to see Dele given 90 mins and this could be the ideal game, playing attacking football with a settled defence. I think it’s also a good chance to rest BPF, Paterson, Bannan and Wing, as Saturdays team did not appear to be the most coherent but still managed to get a vital three points

👏 👏👏

WAWAW

2 hours ago, frastheowl said:

I think I'd continue with the 3, because I do think, it potentially gets the best out of our most dangerous players. 

But, we have to play it in a much more positive, fluid style.

I'd go with...

------------------Peacock-Farrell--------------------

--------Iorfa---------Dunkley*------Palmer**-------

Hunt--------Adeniran-------Bannan-------Brown

----------------------------Wing-----------------------------

-------------Paterson-----------Gregory---------------

* Assuming Hutchinson isn't fit

** Assuming Gibson isn't fit

Playing Hutchinson in front of a back five, at home, was going to produce nothing but a stodgy, negative performance that struggled to move through the thirds.

Stick Adeniran in there, and play Wing in his favoured position, suddenly you have a much more mobile, forward thinking midfield, that allows you to play out from the back. 

I think Paterson and Gregory are the key for us this season. They are both real handfuls, and both will score goals, if given the opportunities. But, that's the key...giving them opportunities. If we allow our wing backs to get forward, and affect things, then I'd fancy them both to get into double figures.

I'm not sure what Moore will do...stick with the 3-4-1-2, or revert back to the 4-2-3-1 (4-3-3), but we need to get a settled system, and allow the players to settle down and play that system. The constant chopping and changing of players, systems, styles isn't going to yield consistency, especially after the overhaul we've had.

There's flaws in both systems, and it's about finding the one which brings the best out of our better players. We've seemed to have brought in players to play a 4-2-3-1...but can't seem to find an effective double pivot or number 10 to make it work. The 3-4-1-2 allows us to get our most dangerous strike pairing together, and should allow us a bit more freedom in the central areas, but begs the question, what are we going to do with the 4,000 wingers we've brought in?! 

Either that, are we just play 4-4-********-2, with two out and out winger, play direct, the ball out wide and get balls into the box... 

I’d rather us play 4-4-2.

I don’t think the front 2 would get enough quality service from our wingbacks.

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

Go with 3 at the back and wingbacks.

Wildsmith

Iorfa

Dunkley

Gibson

Hunt (wb)

Bannan

Hutchinson

Adeniran

Palmer (wb)

Patterson

Gregory

I respectfully disagree.

I think the forwards would be starved of service. 

Also, you’d ideally want a left footed left wingback.

I wouldn’t want Palmer there, coming back inside. 

• Like 1

Moore seems to be more worried about the other team then actually setting up to attack, away from home he will be defensive again 

wildsmith 

palmer  iorfa  dunkley  brown 

dennis 

theo        bannan    berahino 

gregory  pato 

Dunkley 

Hunt,   Iorfa , Wildsmith , BPF , Palmer 

Bannan 

Adeniran        Wing             Brown 

Gregory 

Ill go with this after his interview on Sat .

• Haha 1

I still don’t like Palmer as a left back, watched him closely on Saturday and a few times he could have run further forward with the ball down the line or crossed it into the box, but as he can’t kick the ball with his left foot he stopped and came back to the central defenders slowing momentum.  I’d prefer Brown or even Gibson at left back.  

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, torryowl said:

So many different selections and formations  ......and no doubt everyone thinks theres will  be the one  to find the winning formula .......

Agree.....................i dont like 4-2-3-1 ,  certainly not in this division , said it before a ball was kicked.

However , i think our main problem over and above formations is the tempo and intent (or lack of it) in our general play.

23 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

However , i think our main problem over and above formations is the tempo and intent (or lack of it) in our general play.

Absolutely We have a squad that's much of a muchness that if moore turned to a more adventurous  style I'm sure whatever 11 he picked would be more than capable of challenging for the auto spots .

Based on the current injuries this is what I’d personally like to see. An attacking and pressing style in a 442 formation:

GK - Wildsmith 

RB - Hunt

CB - Iorfa 

CB - Dunkley

LB - Brown

RW - Corbeanu 

CM - Adeniran

CM - Bannan

LW - Johnson

FW - Berahino 

FW - Gregory 

• Like 1

…………………………...BPF

……..Palmer………..Iorfa………..Dunks

Hunt……....Dennis…….Bannan……Brown

………………………..Paterson

…………....Berahino……..Gregory

Good mobility between defence and attack. Personally, I think Hutch has been unfit for a while now, we need more legs in midfield than he has been offering.