Your Team v Wimbledon

Looks like Gibson and Hutch will be out so who would you play?

Wildsmith

Hunt, Lofra, Dunkley, Palmer

Theo,  Denis, Bannan, Brown

Paterson

Gregory

Wildsmith

Hunt  lorfa  Dunkley  Palmer

Wing  Adeniran Bannan  Theo

Paterson Berahino

Gregory and Paterson are too similar for me, so it's one or the other. Don't mind MJ either, mainly for his delivery.

First 11:

BPF

Palmer.              Iorfa.       Dunkley.      Brown

Corbeau.        Adeniran.      Bannan.      Shodipo

Patterson.      Gregory.  

Subs:

Wildsmith

Hunt

Dele

Johnson 

Wing

Kamberi

Berahino

Gaffer: Anyone but Moore

53 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Looks like Gibson and Hutch will be out so who would you play?

Wildsmith

Hunt, Lofra, Dunkley, Palmer

Theo,  Denis, Bannan, Brown

Paterson

Gregory

BPF

Hunt iorfa Gibson Brown

Hutchinson

Adrenian         Bannan

Paterson

Shodipo.  Gregory

• Like 1

Bpf

Hunt iorfa hutch/dunk brown

Palmer

adeniran             bannan 

Pato

Theo         gregory

Try a diamond, need some pace up front but could switch theo to right mid if needed

I think I'd continue with the 3, because I do think, it potentially gets the best out of our most dangerous players. 

But, we have to play it in a much more positive, fluid style.

I'd go with...

------------------Peacock-Farrell--------------------

--------Iorfa---------Dunkley*------Palmer**-------

Hunt--------Adeniran-------Bannan-------Brown

----------------------------Wing-----------------------------

-------------Paterson-----------Gregory---------------

* Assuming Hutchinson isn't fit

** Assuming Gibson isn't fit

Playing Hutchinson in front of a back five, at home, was going to produce nothing but a stodgy, negative performance that struggled to move through the thirds.

Stick Adeniran in there, and play Wing in his favoured position, suddenly you have a much more mobile, forward thinking midfield, that allows you to play out from the back. 

I think Paterson and Gregory are the key for us this season. They are both real handfuls, and both will score goals, if given the opportunities. But, that's the key...giving them opportunities. If we allow our wing backs to get forward, and affect things, then I'd fancy them both to get into double figures.

I'm not sure what Moore will do...stick with the 3-4-1-2, or revert back to the 4-2-3-1 (4-3-3), but we need to get a settled system, and allow the players to settle down and play that system. The constant chopping and changing of players, systems, styles isn't going to yield consistency, especially after the overhaul we've had.

There's flaws in both systems, and it's about finding the one which brings the best out of our better players. We've seemed to have brought in players to play a 4-2-3-1...but can't seem to find an effective double pivot or number 10 to make it work. The 3-4-1-2 allows us to get our most dangerous strike pairing together, and should allow us a bit more freedom in the central areas, but begs the question, what are we going to do with the 4,000 wingers we've brought in?! 

Either that, are we just play 4-4-********-2, with two out and out winger, play direct, the ball out wide and get balls into the box... 

I agree with @frastheowl

If we play 4 at the back we need the two midfielders in front to play with discipline and protect the back four. Wing/Adeniran/Bannan can’t do that. 

However play with three at the back and maybe our midfielders will be able to cope. The problem last week was Hutch sitting too deep and Bannan having to run the whole midfield. 

Can easily take Brown off for a winger and push Palmer out to left back if you want to go with four later on. 

1 minute ago, MightyOwl said:

I agree with @frastheowl

If we play 4 at the back we need the two midfielders in front to play with discipline and protect the back four. Wing/Adeniran/Bannan can’t do that. 

However play with three at the back and maybe our midfielders will be able to cope. The problem last week was Hutch sitting too deep and Bannan having to run the whole midfield. 

Can easily take Brown off for a winger and push Palmer out to left back if you want to go with four later on. 

Bannan actually did it yesterday. Played in front of the defence all game. If he can keep doing it, the midfield should improve massively over the next few games.