Bore off Darren

1 hour ago, SwellOwl said:

Ryan Lowe's Plymouth finished 18th last season after being promoted.

*some time later* this season, performances have improved, funny that.

To be fair we have been relegated not promoted. Not finishing in the top 6 this season would be a failure and will see Moore sacked.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

To be fair we have been relegated not promoted. Not finishing in the top 6 this season would be a failure and will see Moore sacked.

Team is relegated from Championship bottom of the League with zero fight. 
Club doesn’t pay wages on time.

Club doesn’t post accounts on time. 
Team looses 15 players

Team recruits 14 players consisting of unwanted released players and unproven loanees. 
Team finishes 7th. 
This is a failure so manager must be sacked. 

FFS. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Team is relegated from Championship bottom of the League with zero fight. 
Club doesn’t pay wages on time.

Club doesn’t post accounts on time. 
Team looses 15 players

Team recruits 14 players consisting of unwanted released players and unproven loanees. 
Team finishes 7th. 
This is a failure so manager must be sacked. 

FFS. 

Team doesn't sell all its good high earning player most of which will still be on championship wages.

Team has Chansiri as chairman.

Yes he is 100% getting sacked unless we finish in the play offs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 0114 said:

That’s such a bad comparison mate 

I was being tongue in cheek with my comment. That said, I don’t think we should go and replace Moore after giving him the chance to rebuild and it is quite a rebuild. Some fans need to be more patient, it’s not clicking yet to the standard we expect but there’s no reason why it can’t work with time. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 13:04, hangonrose said:

We're in L1 with L1 players who are new to each other, and an L1 manager.  What else do you expect?

We actually dont hav L1 players do w Windass could easily have had a Championship gig,ditto Patterson,BB....plenty in our squad have Championship experience,Hutchinson has PL & Championship & so on...

Wing played in the Championship last season....Our squad potentially much more experienced and capable of an immediate return,what are people going to say if WW go straight back up??? and we dont? Rotherham?

Edited by parajack
  • Like 1

I get it, football is about opinions, we're all entitled to one etc.

But feck me, after 20 years of the manager merry go round,  are people not bored of calling for managers heads after really short periods of time? It's like groundhog day.

11 games in and we're well placed. Football has been pretty naff but getting rid now is very hasty in my opinion.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, parajack said:

We actually dont hav L1 players do w Windass could easily have had a Championship gig,ditto Patterson,BB....plenty in our squad have Championship experience,Hutchinson has PL & Championship & so on...

Wing played in the Championship last season....Our squad potentially much more experienced and capable of an immediate return,what are people going to say if WW go straight back up??? and we dont? Rotherham?

I think I see what you're saying, but these 'Championship players' didn't show it last season, which is one reason why we ended up bottom of the league.  Can't always blame the manager, but yes, some do have a certain pedigree which would indicate that the club should be right up there at the end of the season.  I wish it was as simple as that

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, hangonrose said:

I think I see what you're saying, but these 'Championship players' didn't show it last season, which is one reason why we ended up bottom of the league.  Can't always blame the manager, but yes, some do have a certain pedigree which would indicate that the club should be right up there at the end of the season.  I wish it was as simple as that

Bannan, Palmer, Hutchinson, Iorfa, Paterson, Windass, Luongo and Dunkley were all part of a team that was good enough to stay in the Championship if it hadn't been for the points deduction. 

Plus we've added Gregory, Wing, Johnson, Hunt, Brown who were all Championship players.

Add to them players like Berahino, Kamberi, Corbeanu and BPF, there should be enough quality in that squad to be challenging at the top of this division.

• Thanks 2

I often think I’ve stumbled on to a Blunts fan page with the way some so called fans slagg off the players, club, manager. 
just think if everyone got behind them, what having a positive place might do for the confidence of the team instead of all this negativity surrounding our club. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, DJNick1212 said:

I often think I’ve stumbled on to a Blunts fan page with the way some so called fans slagg off the players, club, manager. 
just think if everyone got behind them, what having a positive place might do for the confidence of the team instead of all this negativity surrounding our club. 

it wouldn’t make a bit of difference to what happened on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, tomhollywood said:

I get it, football is about opinions, we're all entitled to one etc.

But feck me, after 20 years of the manager merry go round,  are people not bored of calling for managers heads after really short periods of time? It's like groundhog day.

11 games in and we're well placed. Football has been pretty naff but getting rid now is very hasty in my opinion.

I agree fully.  

In uncertain times, what we need right now is stability, not knee jerk reactions and more upheaval.  

Lets face, if in a hypothetical scenario we got rid of Moore right now, how long realistically would the next guy get? 

To think of all the managers we have gone through since DC took the helm, and we have literally gone backwards.  

Moral of the story is that quick fixes achieves nothing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DJNick1212 said:

I believe that had we rallied together last season as a cohesive unit, we wouldn't have been relegated.  

It became so negative among the fan base, that it helped seal our fate .  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Agreed, should have kept Jos ..or Pulis...prob be in the prem now.

We should have kept Gray, then we might not have had to go through all the subsequent managers.

Gray built some solid defensive foundations at the club, that could have been improved with a couple of quality attacking players, who knows where he would have taken us, but I don't believe for one second he would have taken us backwards.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ronio said:

We should have kept Gray, then we might not have had to go through all the subsequent managers.

Gray built some solid defensive foundations at the club, that could have been improved with a couple of quality attacking players, who knows where he would have taken us, but I don't believe for one second he would have taken us backwards.   

Agreed

But once gone..cc almost made it.

After that it's no use sticking with a poor manager hoping things will improve, may be an argument to have given monk a bit longer. But the rest they got too long imo

4 hours ago, DJNick1212 said:

And thats why we are so dire on the field is it?cant score goals,and 9th in the third tier  blow the mighty WW   its all the fans fault...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1