Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 10/10/2021 at 11:46, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Yep when he came on I thought yes somebody with pace is going to run at their defence. His first touch he did that, then totally anonymous for the rest of the game.

 

He's done nothing of note this season for me,


That’s why it’s so annoying. His run lifted the crowd until he dived. 
 

He was decent against Shrewsbury so I think there’s a player there - and he scored 

 

I don’t think he came to defend/camp in his own half either so it can’t be much fun for anyone 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2021 at 09:40, 4evaowl said:

Patterson (and Bannan for that matter) are the problem when it comes to referees. EVERY game they berate them from start to finish and pretty much every game they have to be spoken to by the refs to calm down.

If I was a ref they would get nothing from me, certainly not any borderline decisions.

Prime example was yesterday when Patterson was injured off the pitch then walked back on and went to ground. Pathetic. How on earth does he think the ref is going to be towards the team after that nonsense. He should have booked him and if I were the manager I’d be stamping out this pantomime villain stuff immediately or he wouldn’t play. He and Bannan need to cut out this harassment of refs. I for one are fed up of seeing it as it works against us.

6 posts into a thread on Shodipo. “It’s Bannans fault “. 🙈😂

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sage owl said:

6 posts into a thread on Shodipo. “It’s Bannans fault “. 🙈😂

I was replying to a poster who was saying Patterson wasn't getting decisions from refs. It came up in the Shodipo thread, which is why I answered it there.

Also you have put something in quotes when replying to my post that I didn't say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Paul.. said:

He's been absolutely awful since joining us sadly.

 

 

He has had 3 league starts and was our mana of the match in one of them.

 

Perhaps if the manager is going to sign wingers then he should play them as wingers rather than have them tracking back in this negative approach that sees us get a lack of players in attacking positions. Maybe he should give them a run of games too rather than one start every 3 games. 

 

Give the team time to gel - not by changing formation and personnel every game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2021 at 09:40, 4evaowl said:

Patterson (and Bannan for that matter) are the problem when it comes to referees. EVERY game they berate them from start to finish and pretty much every game they have to be spoken to by the refs to calm down.

If I was a ref they would get nothing from me, certainly not any borderline decisions.

Prime example was yesterday when Patterson was injured off the pitch then walked back on and went to ground. Pathetic. How on earth does he think the ref is going to be towards the team after that nonsense. He should have booked him and if I were the manager I’d be stamping out this pantomime villain stuff immediately or he wouldn’t play. He and Bannan need to cut out this harassment of refs. I for one are fed up of seeing it as it works against us.

 

The Paterson rolling about was embarrassing.

Not sure these things really work against teams though, the refs get it from every team every game, they are more professional than to let it affect their decisions, some just make very poor decisions.

 

Oxford spent the whole of the second half berating the ref and rolling around wasting time at every opportunity, did it work against them when the ref had every chance to award us a viable penalty late on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2021 at 17:40, 4evaowl said:

Patterson (and Bannan for that matter) are the problem when it comes to referees. EVERY game they berate them from start to finish and pretty much every game they have to be spoken to by the refs to calm down.

If I was a ref they would get nothing from me, certainly not any borderline decisions.

Prime example was yesterday when Patterson was injured off the pitch then walked back on and went to ground. Pathetic. How on earth does he think the ref is going to be towards the team after that nonsense. He should have booked him and if I were the manager I’d be stamping out this pantomime villain stuff immediately or he wouldn’t play. He and Bannan need to cut out this harassment of refs. I for one are fed up of seeing it as it works against us.

You do realize that EVERY team does this right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

I was replying to a poster who was saying Patterson wasn't getting decisions from refs. It came up in the Shodipo thread, which is why I answered it there.

Also you have put something in quotes when replying to my post that I didn't say.

I think I got the gist of it right though.

 What we could actually do with is more players in the referees ear !.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

 

If the opposition were awarded an immediate penalty if you gobbled at the ref, that would stop it straight away. 

 

I know we want to try to gain an advantage but I don't want to see any of our players gobble the ref!

 

:duntmatter:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

He has had 3 league starts and was our mana of the match in one of them.

 

 

 

He's not been my man of the match in any.

 

Started 3 games and been subbed off every time, says it all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...