Shodipo

Just now, agentwalker said:

Was a bit poor that, we've got a few now who seem to Go down a little too easy and get nothing.

Those who are fouled, like Paterson against Oxford, get nothing, either. 

It's not right, but I can understand the mentality of players who think they have to go out of their way to try to get something out of the referees who seem to have had their eyes painted on.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Those who are fouled, like Paterson against Oxford, get nothing, either. 

It's not right, but I can understand the mentality of players who think they have to go out of their way to try to get something out of the referees who seem to have had their eyes painted on.

Patterson (and Bannan for that matter) are the problem when it comes to referees. EVERY game they berate them from start to finish and pretty much every game they have to be spoken to by the refs to calm down.

If I was a ref they would get nothing from me, certainly not any borderline decisions.

Prime example was yesterday when Patterson was injured off the pitch then walked back on and went to ground. Pathetic. How on earth does he think the ref is going to be towards the team after that nonsense. He should have booked him and if I were the manager I’d be stamping out this pantomime villain stuff immediately or he wouldn’t play. He and Bannan need to cut out this harassment of refs. I for one are fed up of seeing it as it works against us.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 4evaowl said:

Patterson (and Bannan for that matter) are the problem when it comes to referees. EVERY game they berate them from start to finish and pretty much every game they have to be spoken to by the refs to calm down.

If I was a ref they would get nothing from me, certainly not any borderline decisions.

Prime example was yesterday when Patterson was injured off the pitch then walked back on and went to ground. Pathetic. How on earth does he think the ref is going to be towards the team after that nonsense. He should have booked him and if I were the manager I’d be stamping out this pantomime villain stuff immediately or he wouldn’t play. He and Bannan need to cut out this harassment of refs. I for one are fed up of seeing it as it works against us.

Don't entirely disagree but I see opposition players get away with similar week in week out. I recall a game last season and the season before when an opponent was injured off the pitch, crawled back in and the ref allowed treatment. I'd never seen a Wednesday player do it. I also bang my head when we take the ball into the corner on the 90th minute, a foul is always given against us (eg Wigan) yet I can't recall the last time we got given one when it's done to us. I actually think over the last few years we've been outdone regularly at the dark arts. Preston are a team that spring to mind, constant diving and harassing the referee with little backlash from.them.

Personally I wish so much of these things were cut out of the game, when you watch rugby for example talking back at the ref, wasting time, stopping quick free kicks etc are all stamped out.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

It was ridiculous, and the referee clearly was not having any of it from both sides. 

Said to my mate yesterday that I liked the ref because he booked players for diving instead of giving nothing - I hate it when refs don’t give a free kick for either a foul or a dive

2 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Comes on 

Goes directly at Bolton 

(Thank the lord !  Go on son!!!!)

….dives. 

The end. 

Yep when he came on I thought yes somebody with pace is going to run at their defence. His first touch he did that, then totally anonymous for the rest of the game.

He's done nothing of note this season for me, time to give Corbeanu a chance.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 11:31, onlyonedavidhirst said:

when you watch rugby for example talking back at the ref, wasting time, stopping quick free kicks etc are all stamped out.  

But eye gouging, biting and fake blood still goes on

Rugby fans taking the moral high ground makes my p.ss boil

The only reason they dont argue with the ref is because the rules are that complicated that they haven't a clue what to argue for or against

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ian said:

But eye gouging, biting and fake blood still goes on

Rugby fans taking the moral high ground makes my p.ss boil

The only reason they dont argue with the ref is because the rules are that complicated that they haven't a clue what to argue for or against

It is also because rugby is a territory game, and has a rule if you talk back to the ref you lose 10 yards.

Football isn't the same. They tried that 10 yards rule a few years back, but the difference between a freekick 60 yards from goal or 50 yards from goal made no difference, other than wasting a bit of time.

43 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

It is also because rugby is a territory game, and has a rule if you talk back to the ref you lose 10 yards.

Football isn't the same. They tried that 10 yards rule a few years back, but the difference between a freekick 60 yards from goal or 50 yards from goal made no difference, other than wasting a bit of time.

If the opposition were awarded an immediate penalty if you gobbled at the ref, that would stop it straight away.