Next 4 League Games

11 hours ago, CalmJimmers said:

Are versus 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th place in the league respectively. Wimbledon away, Cambridge away, Lincoln at home and Cheltenham away.

That is mad that they line up in a row. A real chance to put some serious points on the board and start to really hammer out an identity.

The trouble is, if we don't get at least 8 points out of 12, the atmosphere will become even more toxic than it already is. And if we do get some serious points - lets say 10 out of 12 - the expectations will be raised to an unrealistic level.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

The trouble is, if we don't get at least 8 points out of 12, the atmosphere will become even more toxic than it already is. And if we do get some serious points - lets say 10 out of 12 - the expectations will be raised to an unrealistic level.

I don’t understand the point of worrying about “unrealistic expectations”.

We want to get out of this f*cking league ASAP, and it’s a task that won’t get any easier the longer we are here. We need as many points on the board as possible and ideally as quickly as we can get them. 

Do you think Plymouth and Wycombe worry about unrealistic expectations, or would they view that run of fixtures as a great chance to consolidate at the top? Why do these unrealistic expectations only seem to apply to us? Why are we expected to settle for mediocrity? 

• Like 4

Are versus 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th place in the league respectively. Wimbledon away, Cambridge away, Lincoln at home and Cheltenham away.

That is mad that they line up in a row. A real chance to put some serious points on the board and start to really hammer out an identity.

10 men sitting back might get a lucky 1-0 out of the 4 i can also see a couple of humiliations too . fans will not put up with this for much longer. 

And yet the Lincoln game is Category A.  Beggars belief!

24 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Any sort of unrealistic expectations have been created by the players and the club saying we are aiming for the autos, not just here to make up the numbers and we will be frightening when we click.

Plenty of fans this year thought we would go down again. They could have said we are aiming for the playoffs or just see where we get to.

The players need to start living up to their words, the next 4 games can go a long way to doing that.

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

I don’t understand the point of worrying about “unrealistic expectations”.

That wasn't really the point I was making.

I'm remembering the first four games where we picked up 10 points out of 12 without conceding and briefly topped the table. Some of us got a bit carried away with that, overlooking the modest quality of the opposition (at the end of that run. 3 of the 4 teams we had played were in or around the relegation zone) and thinking that L1 was going to be a cakewalk. Since then, we've been brought back down to earth, and I would argue that our current league position and form is a more realistic indicator of how we stack up against other teams.

So it's not that I'm worrying about expectations. It's just that if we do have a string of good results, for some of us that will become the benchmark despite the fact that we would have picked up the points against (on paper) weaker teams.

12 points. These are the games where credible promotion candidates put points on the board. 

Not unusual in this league to put a run of wins together, we saw recently a very average Wigan side put a run together against bottom half opposition. We are capable and should be doing likewise now, big enough squad, enough games in to the season to be hitting our stride. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Can’t wait to see the bespoke system Moore produces to counter the mighty Cheltenham. I want to finally see some quality performances in those games or he can do one. 

He's starting with 5 on the right. Their left back is a worry for him.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Screen Door Slams said:

12 points should be the target and that`s not arrogance , it`s just the mindset that we SHOULD but don`t seem to have.

Compare the squads and you come to the conclusion that 4 wins is more than doable..............all about the mindset and how we approach these games.

Players (Gregory for one I think) have been quoted as saying “we want to win every game,” if that’s true they must realise that they’re playing with their laces tied together due to the tactics employed.

I think they’re more than capable on paper of collecting maximum points over the next four games but it’s a long way from being realistic in this league.

9 hours ago, Screen Door Slams said:

12 points should be the target and that`s not arrogance , it`s just the mindset that we SHOULD but don`t seem to have.

Compare the squads and you come to the conclusion that 4 wins is more than doable..............all about the mindset and how we approach these games.

Id be gobsmacked if this bunch win 4 on the trot all season...be 5 including yesterday

Massive month for Moore really, regardless of performances if he can put 12 points on the board it'll shut a few people up. Teams that get promoted go and do that, i have to say they're the types of games that worry me. Particularly the away ones.

I'm not really in favour of changing managers all the time but you'd struggle to make a case for him if consistent results don't appear soon.

• Haha 1