Playing badly

I can see both sides of the debate.  I want Moore to succeed and feel it too premature to call for his head.

The pressure is on though and performances of late have not been good enough.  I was pleased we won yesterday  but we were lucky.

Bottom line is that after 20-25 games I expect to see more of a settled team and good progress.  We have looked very good at times in short spells of no more than 15 minutes.  We have also looked truly awful at times.

I am not calling for Moore to go but unless there is substantial improvement by the 25 game mark then he will be in serious trouble.  

It is difficult to integrate 14 new players and develop a style of play.  I think Moore should be given time.  

No doubt the statisticians amongst us can compare Moore’s records after X number of games with previous managers.  I think someone previously said it was on a par with Charlton’s start but look how well that appointment turned out!  Maybe Moore is doing the hard job stabilising the club and laying the groundwork for the next chap to succeed.  Who knows!

• Like 2

I just don’t see this manager being the one to get us promoted. I like Darren Moore - I think he’s a good lad, the players like him etc.

But I think he’s ran out of ideas. He doesn’t know his best team or formation and he’s just winging it at present. Yes, we are grinding out some results but it’s to plain to see things won’t improve with this manager. 

• Thanks 1

Playing badly and winning is a virtue, but when the only constant is playing badly, a reasonable concern. 

I don't accept the argument that this team still needs time to gel, we are more than a dozen games in (including cup games). Too many changes and tinkering with systems for that to remain a valid excuse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, fpowl said:

Can’t get behind this style of football 

we’re just riding our luck 

if we change and have a go we win our next four games 

We’re more likely to draw lose draw and win though 

Yes i said in previous posts that even playing badly,in this League we would win some games,and continue to pick up some points,we might not deserve(like yesterday)

But is that good enough?..is a potential push for the play offs good enough,with no guarantee AT ALL of getting promoted?

And does anybody at all,think that should we achieve promotion,and start playing against Championship Clubs again,that DM playing it out' style wouldnt see us come straight back down?

1 hour ago, Marro said:

I can see both sides of the debate.  I want Moore to succeed and feel it too premature to call for his head.

The pressure is on though and performances of late have not been good enough.  I was pleased we won yesterday  but we were lucky.

Bottom line is that after 20-25 games I expect to see more of a settled team and good progress.  We have looked very good at times in short spells of no more than 15 minutes.  We have also looked truly awful at times.

I am not calling for Moore to go but unless there is substantial improvement by the 25 game mark then he will be in serious trouble.  

It is difficult to integrate 14 new players and develop a style of play.  I think Moore should be given time.  

No doubt the statisticians amongst us can compare Moore’s records after X number of games with previous managers.  I think someone previously said it was on a par with Charlton’s start but look how well that appointment turned out!  Maybe Moore is doing the hard job stabilising the club and laying the groundwork for the next chap to succeed.  Who knows!

The issue is by the 25 game mark,if there is indeed no improvement that may well have cost us any chance of automatic promotion,or promotion at all...

Whats happened to the being told by your gaffer to change your approach??

Why cant the Chairman sort him?

10 hours ago, BlinkerTheThinker said:

And winning is the sign of of good team right? Two wins on the trot, never mind who we’ve played is a good thing. Remember 4 games in? it was all roses. Let’s get back to that feeling and atmosphere? If we can’t support the manager and team after winning what is the point?  Wins a win. WAWAW

Clappings deafening....you certainly do have Blinkers on mate...

2 hours ago, striker said:

Playing badly and winning is a virtue, but when the only constant is playing badly, a reasonable concern. 

I don't accept the argument that this team still needs time to gel, we are more than a dozen games in (including cup games). Too many changes and tinkering with systems for that to remain a valid excuse.

Agreed,  forgetting the results, the standard of football being served up these days is up there with the worst in my 28 years of supporting the club. Personally I feel the points we’ve had have been more fortunate than well deserved.  Would another manager get more from this squad? Frankly I’ve lost the will to care now.  Whilst Chansiri is at the club we are going nowhere. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, parajack said:

The issue is by the 25 game mark,if there is indeed no improvement that may well have cost us any chance of automatic promotion,or promotion at all...

Whats happened to the being told by your gaffer to change your approach??

Why cant the Chairman sort him?

25 games may be too late, although I think come what may we would still have a shot at the play offs.  The whole stick or twist is difficult - there has to come a time when we give some manager a chance and show patience - if we don’t then there is a risk we will continue to languish in mediocrity.

1 hour ago, Marro said:

25 games may be too late, although I think come what may we would still have a shot at the play offs.  The whole stick or twist is difficult - there has to come a time when we give some manager a chance and show patience - if we don’t then there is a risk we will continue to languish in mediocrity.

NO mate we have a golden chance to take the bull by the horns and get out of this division at the first try....miss that and some of our better players will start to leave or lose interest,what we content to sit behind WW and cant do what they did? Really?

Is that the sum of our ambitions this Year? DM needs to be challenged more,and excused LESS...its his tactics that  are causing this....not fans being impatient,...

This team could do so much better and we all know it...