Playing badly

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

if we change and have a go we win our next four games

How do you know we win our next four games.?

If we play an attacking formation and a load of players in this league who are only interested when the ball is at their feet. We will get ripped to bits, as we found out against Plymouth.

2 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Can’t get behind this style of football 

we’re just riding our luck 

if we change and have a go we win our next four games 

We’re more likely to draw lose draw and win though 

I do understand I really do but we’ve just beat a top half team. Might build some confidence at least? We’re Wednesday not Barca. Also shouldn’t be in league one I guess.

11 minutes ago, BlinkerTheThinker said:

And winning is the sign of of good team right? Two wins on the trot, never mind who we’ve played is a good thing. Remember 4 games in? it was all roses. Let’s get back to that feeling and atmosphere? If we can’t support the manager and team after winning what is the point?  Wins a win. WAWAW

I totally agree and am delighted with the win, but.............

I dont have confidence that we will keep winning as we are.

I am desperate for DM to do well and take us up, but....... i just cant see it. When we were top, we were attacking teams and the feeling was that when we click we will destroy someone. Sadly we are going backwards. DM is fàr too negative. We have no style and are so disjointed

26 minutes ago, BlinkerTheThinker said:

And winning is the sign of of good team right? Two wins on the trot, never mind who we’ve played is a good thing. Remember 4 games in? it was all roses. Let’s get back to that feeling and atmosphere? If we can’t support the manager and team after winning what is the point?  Wins a win. WAWAW

Winning when you play badly is a trait of successful teams. But successful teams tend to play well every now and again too.....

17 minutes ago, BlinkerTheThinker said:

I do understand I really do but we’ve just beat a top half team. Might build some confidence at least? We’re Wednesday not Barca. Also shouldn’t be in league one I guess.

I never understand this Barca stuff? Nobody is asking to be Barca or play like them, but they are asking for a committed attacking performance from a league 1 club that belongs higher and has the players to produce much more than they are currently offering.

It’d be nice to finish a game and think we played well for more than 20 minutes 

1 minute ago, jonesy87shef said:

I never understand this Barca stuff? Nobody is asking to be Barca or play like them, but they are asking for a committed attacking performance from a league 1 club that belongs higher and has the players to produce much more than they are currently offering.

It’d be nice to finish a game and think we played well for more than 20 minutes 

Yeah nice to win 1-0 as well

I remember when we were 3rd under Monk and myself and other posters got slated saying it wouldn’t last if performance didn’t improve and we were riding out luck.

Seems similar this season and performances really need to pick up. It doesn’t make anyone any less a fan because they are honest in what they see.

You don’t improve unless you acknowledge there are issues. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jonesy87shef said:

Always take a win and happy with that, but it’s dreadful to watch isn’t it? 

Not being funny but I genuinely enjoy watching us just win after the last couple of years. Good goal 1-0. Rather that than play well and lose but I do understand your point. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jonesy87shef said:

I remember when we were 3rd under Monk and myself and other posters got slated saying it wouldn’t last if performance didn’t improve and we were riding out luck.

Seems similar this season and performances really need to pick up. It doesn’t make anyone any less a fan because they are honest in what they see.

True that. But your never gonna succeed if you don’t have the backing of the fans. Next 4 games look very winnable. If your right I’ll be fuming this time next week. Enjoy it whilst you can I say. 

Just now, jonesy87shef said:

Always take a win and happy with that, but it’s dreadful to watch isn’t it? 

frustrating is the word i would use .......i couldnt fault em for effort and i'm sure they'd like to play with more attacking intent but if they were  set up to play like they did then they did it  well .

21 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

I wish I'd listened to you. Instead, I bought a half season ticket. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jonesy87shef said:

Excellent post, underlying performances have been so poor and do nothing to suggest we are on the up, regardless of results.

• Thanks 1