Darren Moore - I don't care!

Like most I have been asking questions about Moores tactics but the subs at half time and going 442 gave me a glimer of hope . UNTIL that interview when he actually said we played well 1st half & making the changes was massive I didn't want to do it . He's lost the plot we have on paper 1of if not the best squad of players in lg1 but he confuses the bloody lot of them . Why is he changing his game plan for ever opposition we are in lg1 not the prem we should be worrying other teams . 

Stop over complicating football 

• Like 4

For the love of God, stop dicking about with the ******** team. Choose a formation and first 11 and let's try to build some cohesion. 

Fortunate today, let's not lose sight of a good result, but doesn't solve our obvious problems. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ANDY said:

If we win every game 1-0 playing rubbish like we did today we will go up as champions. 

And fans will still moan. 

We won't though will we.

It is not as if it was a solid and thoroughly deserved 1-0 win.

It was dire to watch at times and his 'plan' that apparently worked went in the bin at half-time.

What position was Berahino playing today? Who was wide-right second half? 

Its a mess. Far different from when we got attritional wins under Megson at this level.

His interview today was painful.

Made a big point about having only 2 days to work for today’s game because of Mansfield on Tuesday. Doesn’t really add up seeing as 7 of the outfield players that started Tuesday didn’t start today. I have no idea why that’s had such a massive effect.

Seem to become a bit of an excuse expert. Last week they were tired and this time preparation was effected due to the Papa John’s trophy leaving us only able to train Thursday & Friday? 

Funnily enough the game after the last international break where he had 2 weeks of preparation ended in a 3-0 defeat to Plymouth. 

• Thanks 1

Baffled by that interview. It sounded like he actually thought it was a good performance and the only thing he was disappointed about was the 2 injuries at HT. Absolutely bizzare especially when he said the game plan was to get it out wide and cross....we did that once all game and was lucky enough to score! Surely that proves it was poor!?!

I get a win is a win, and I don't buy I'm to everyone was garbage viewpoint - I think it was average performances in a system they haven't clue how to play. However, we won't win promotion with changing the system every game and getting lucky wins. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We won't though will we.

It is not as if it was a solid and thoroughly deserved 1-0 win.

It was dire to watch at times and his 'plan' that apparently worked went in the bin at half-time.

What position was Berahino playing today? Who was wide-right second half? 

Its a mess. Far different from when we got attritional wins under Megson at this level.

Spot on.

The clean sheet hasn’t come through a solid defensive performance it’s come from Eoin Doyle having a shocker. 

2 minutes ago, striker said:

For the love of God, stop dicking about with the ******** team. Choose a formation and first 11 and let's try to build some cohesion. 

Fortunate today, let's not lose sight of a good result, but doesn't solve our obvious problems. 

He said he wants to do this!

But he’s also going to pick the team/system depending on the opposition. 

I mean, it’ll be a miracle if he pulls off consistency with inconsistent selection and tactics!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Moore said something like “I was worried about losing our two quality players at halftime in case we lost our rhythm”. What rhythm is Moore talking about. We had absolutely no rhythm in the first half. I’d prefer Moore not to do interviews if he’s going to speak in cliches, platitudes and nonsenses. 

Our ‘rhythm’ is kind of like that of avant-garde jazz. Google it if you’ve never heard any. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 0114 said:

His interview today was painful.

Made a big point about having only 2 days to work for today’s game because of Mansfield on Tuesday. Doesn’t really add up seeing as 7 of the outfield players that started Tuesday didn’t start today. I have no idea why that’s had such a massive effect.

Seem to become a bit of an excuse expert. Last week they were tired and this time preparation was effected due to the Papa John’s trophy leaving us only able to train Thursday & Friday? 

Funnily enough the game after the last international break where he had 2 weeks of preparation ended in a 3-0 defeat to Plymouth. 

Yep, the excuses around midweek games are a bit embarrassing really and saying the game plan worked when said game plan was changed at half-time doesn't add up either.

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

Our ‘rhythm’ is kind of like that of avant-garde jazz. Google it if you’ve never heard any. 

I'll give it a miss, I'm guessing it won't be to my taste if you are comparing it to our 'style'!

It’s difficult to see how a system is working when you’re getting outplayed at home with a negative formation and tactics.

it’s also worrying when a manager then praises the system in question and states it only got changed due to injury.

if we’d stuck with the team at HT and the same tactics we’d have been beaten easily.

doesn’t seem to know his best team or play attacking at home, more a sense of dare not lose than win the game.

let’s hope it changes.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

His post match interview today was embarrassing. Calling Gibson a major player is odd English but also odd in the sense Gibson has played 45 mins in the league.

Only 48 hours  to coach the players how to play 3-5-2. A decent coach could do that in 2 hours in the morning. Are you telling me none of them have ever played 3-5-2. He talks about football like it’s nuclear science.

He doesn’t care about the performance irked me. Fans work hard all week and going to Hillsborough is a day out and escapism frim reality, we should expect a little bit of excitement or enjoyment. Under Moore you’d have a better day going to a museum on the history of paint.

Its annoying managers don’t get sacked till their position becomes untenable. All that time wasted. You can see under Moore we are going no where fast. 

This is exactly why I don't understand when we have fans saying "Give him time"

Time to do what exactly? 

We look such a puzzled and uncomfortable side to watch, there isn't anything that looks like it's steady progression barring the odd "hanging on in there" victory.

If today's performance is something he doesn't care about then we know exactly what to expect week in week out then, low level of energy, boring and toothless football and the team will continually get a pat on the back from the manager regardless. 

I've heard some say players love to play under him and he commands respect, I actually think they just realise what an absolute nugget he is and that he will never see faults in you despite how little effort you put in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, smhouston said:

Absolutely bizzare especially when he said the game plan was to get it out wide and cross....we did that once all game and was lucky enough to score! Surely that proves it was poor!?!

That particular tactic had a 100% success rate. I guess that just have been the plan. Play shît all game but hit one good ball to the channel and then score from it. Genius when you think about it…