Fantastic performance

Just now, sexpistol said:

Spot on. As I drove home from the game, I listened to Radio Sheffield. Some of the callers must have been watching a different game to me. One slated Palmer, yet I don’t recall him doing anything terrible. One claimed Bolton ‘battered’ is for 70 mins ( really??) One claimed Shodipo never once came out of his own half? That’s funny as he had a good run then got booked for diving.

The callers never go...

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Whilst it wasn’t a great watch it was a good performance IMO

Bolton are a decent team, high on confidence and not only did we beat them but we restricted them to 1 shot on target. 

We had some good chances to extent our lead with Berahino in particular probably disappointed not to be on the scoresheet. 

Equally pleasing was to see Moore change formation and show he isn’t tied to the same set-up. 

Solid performance, 3 points against a rival and a clean sheet. 

For me, that’s a good days work which Moore and the players should be happy with and applauded for 

The first 30 minutes was as frustrating as I’ve seen Wednesday play in recent years. Nobody who is sane would say that ( first 30 mins)was solid in any way shape or form.

Just now, McRightSide said:

Zero shots on target in that first 30 minutes. 

No but they missed a glorious opportunity after 2 minutes. Are you actually saying you liked the fact Wednesday struggled to get out of their own half in the first 30 mins, were pressed back by Bolton and you enjoyed Wednesday constantly attempting to play it out from the back unsuccessfully several times??

2 minutes ago, Aingarth said:

Why no credit to Palmer  - he did a great cross ball from left to right which created the goal? And an impressive performance from Kieran Lee - a true Wednesday boy, given away for nothing. 

He punted it into the middle of the pitch, great flick by Paterson, helped on again by Berahino great cross by Hunt and top finish by Gregory…but yeah, the punt down the middle deserves the credit 

1 minute ago, Aingarth said:

Why no credit to Palmer  - he did a great cross ball from left to right which created the goal? And an impressive performance from Kieran Lee - a true Wednesday boy, given away for nothing. 

And the total gap, real and mental, between defence and midfield made me feel quite ill. It will make wins very rare unless it is sorted and so will our defence only generally passing to one midfielder, Bannan even when he was clearly not in the best place. 

I will say I was happy with a few players individual performances.  

I struggle to get behind that win totally, but yes I agree a win is a win and no true fan will ever not take a victory.   I'd have been in a bloody bad mood tonight if we'd drawn or lost.  

Papers over the cracks for me though, sorry if that goes against the grain.

Edited by Salmonbones