Fantastic performance

10 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

We won, so in my book that's a fantastic performance. I honestly don't care how bad we are If we win. I'm a footballing philistine. I like it when we score, I like it when we win. Both happened today and I'm as happy as can be. I'm that shallow, its a great way to be obviously cis having listened to radio Sheffield on the way home not many of my fellow Owls are happy. 

The day we win and I'm not happy is the day I give up football. Am i the only one who thinks like this? 

What ever fans say. The fact is the only way to get promoted is to accumulate points. Nobody gets promoted on performance ratings. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

We won, so in my book that's a fantastic performance. I honestly don't care how bad we are If we win. I'm a footballing philistine. I like it when we score, I like it when we win. Both happened today and I'm as happy as can be. I'm that shallow, its a great way to be obviously cis having listened to radio Sheffield on the way home not many of my fellow Owls are happy. 

The day we win and I'm not happy is the day I give up football. Am i the only one who thinks like this? 

Agree completely. I go to watch Wednesday win.  Obviously, a 5-0 playing beautiful football is a bonus, but the 3 points is just the same.  I am pessimistic about this season but 2 wins in 5 days, however they are achieved will do me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

I feel the same. Just want to win, nothing for else really matters.

it’s a sport, not an entertainment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We were gásh, but we won so I am in a good mood. I suppose the worry is that if we play like we did we will lose quite often. Interestingly enough we are one point off playoffs. And five of autos. Even a small improvement and we will have a good season…

• Like 2

I mean..if a good side like Bolton (who score goals for fun...especially away) can't beat or even score against a very poor sheffield wednesday....

Bolton manager up for ridicule....

Sheff wed nailed absolutely nailed on top 6..and they haven't even tried yet..

Wawaw

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Whilst it wasn’t a great watch it was a good performance IMO

Bolton are a decent team, high on confidence and not only did we beat them but we restricted them to 1 shot on target. 

We had some good chances to extent our lead with Berahino in particular probably disappointed not to be on the scoresheet. 

Equally pleasing was to see Moore change formation and show he isn’t tied to the same set-up. 

Solid performance, 3 points against a rival and a clean sheet. 

For me, that’s a good days work which Moore and the players should be happy with and applauded for 

• Like 1

I get the OP because ultimately I’m happy when Wednesday win and not when they don’t, and it can be as binary as that.

But watching that today.. “still more questions than answers” is the way I’d put it. Yes it’s great that we won, but we’re coming up against teams every week who look more organised, structured and like they know what their plan is than we do. 

That’s not a problem if you’re winning every week but we haven’t been. We have neither the form nor performances to look forward with any particular confidence. Hopefully performances OR results (but ideally both) continue to improve so we can actually have that confidence again.

14 minutes ago, BIG D said:

We weren’t great today but I don’t think we were as bad as some are making out tbh.

Spot on. As I drove home from the game, I listened to Radio Sheffield. Some of the callers must have been watching a different game to me. One slated Palmer, yet I don’t recall him doing anything terrible. One claimed Bolton ‘battered’ us for 70 mins ( really??) One claimed Shodipo never once came out of his own half? That’s funny as he had a good run then got booked for diving.

Edited by sexpistol