Jump to content

Have we ever had a Moore negative manager?


Recommended Posts

Bolton scored 5 and 4 goals respectively in recent away games at Ipswich and Charlton, yet only managed 1 shot on target yesterday over the full 90 minutes.

 

Some might say therefore that Moore was right to be wary of their attacking threat and to give him - and the side - credit for keeping Bolton at bay relatively easily.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/10/2021 at 17:44, Ronio said:

I will back Moore.  We need to give him time.  

 

We are sat 1 point from the playoffs and we have yet to get out of second gear.  

 

When things click, and they will, we will run riot.  

Even reaching ‘top’ gear does SFA if the driver keeps steering into a ditch ( in reverse)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/10/2021 at 17:52, Django said:

Alarm bells should have ringing after relegation at Derby last year. I’ve never seen a manager take relegation in such a polite manner in 30 years of watching football 

Conversely our performance against Cardiff should have earned him at least a full season to get similar performances from his new squad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2021 at 20:59, Kew Owl said:

Bolton scored 5 and 4 goals respectively in recent away games at Ipswich and Charlton, yet only managed 1 shot on target yesterday over the full 90 minutes.

 

Some might say therefore that Moore was right to be wary of their attacking threat and to give him - and the side - credit for keeping Bolton at bay relatively easily.

Not many though unfortunately,not even a begrudging "seems he got the tactics right for this match"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/10/2021 at 19:26, morganowl said:

hardly anyone im speaking to think moore should stay . a new manager cant possibly do a worse job with what he has available .

That's what happens when you poll piggy fans and a group of teenagers . 🤣

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wimbledon on Saturday should be interesting.

They get plenty of chances but don't convert to goals (although scored more than us)

Their defence is very dodgy, leak goal like sieve.

This is an ideal match to go get em...wonder if we sit back for a change?😁

 

If we don't go out and try to win this one....with their very dodgy defence. Then it would be very poor....very very poor Mr Moore.

 3-2 win for us ..hanging on last 5 mins...

Or high scoring draw.

Deffo be plenty of goals ...i thinks

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Wimbledon on Saturday should be interesting.

If we don't go out and try to win this one....with their very dodgy defence. Then it would be very poor....very very poor Mr Moore.

 

You should be thinking the same about every game in L1 if you're a team supposedly going for promotion.

But guess what, we play one up front against the likes of Shrewsbury at home.

We've only had one match in eleven when we've had more shots than the opposition, pathetic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

You should be thinking the same about every game in L1 if you're a team supposedly going for promotion.

Yes

But playing devils advocate...win at wimbledon and then in a play off spot it would be difficult to argue he's making a bollloxe of it.

I do agree he is far too cautious btw.

I think we have actually got worse last few games but we have moved up the table.

 

Funny ole game

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2021 at 20:59, Kew Owl said:

Bolton scored 5 and 4 goals respectively in recent away games at Ipswich and Charlton, yet only managed 1 shot on target yesterday over the full 90 minutes.

 

Some might say therefore that Moore was right to be wary of their attacking threat and to give him - and the side - credit for keeping Bolton at bay relatively easily.

 

It was only poor finishing that cost them, they had plenty of chances and should have been 2 or 3 up before we scored.

 

On the other hand in the 2nd half apart from the goal we never threatened. In fact the Homer Simpson lookalike in the grey tracksuit that went in goal at one point could have stayed there, he wouldn't have had anything to do.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2021 at 22:39, dc88 said:

some of our fans are ******** embarrassing wanting DM out. he's signed 13 players FFS, give the guy a break.

Has he gone yet?

 

We need a break from his embarrassing lack of basic competence as a manager 

 

He can leave us the 13 players, a proper manager could get promotion with em

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Wimbledon on Saturday should be interesting.

They get plenty of chances but don't convert to goals (although scored more than us)

Their defence is very dodgy, leak goal like sieve.

This is an ideal match to go get em...wonder if we sit back for a change?😁

 

If we don't go out and try to win this one....with their very dodgy defence. Then it would be very poor....very very poor Mr Moore.

 3-2 win for us ..hanging on last 5 mins...

Or high scoring draw.

Deffo be plenty of goals ...i thinks

 

 

 

 

Wimbledon have conceded the same number of goals as Ipswich and one more than Shrewsbury, Charlton and Fleetwood, we really managed to get at their leaky defences........

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...