Brian Laws on Wednesday...

Just now, Emerson Thome said:

Yes.

Don't panic. 11 games in to the season and just signed 13 new players. Change the manager and we get the whole shítty cycle again we've had since Carlos left. Each manager taking us lower and lower down the league and a load of players who don't fit the new managers plans.

If we were doing terribly we should make a change, but we're 1 point outside the playoffs with the 2nd best defence in the league. A lot of the pundits who know this league had Wednesday in midtable going into the start of the season.

Fair enough and fair comments just wanted to know if you didn't mind him.

I don't think he will do anything here myself but I hope he turns it around and starts playing some decent football ....I just can't see it one bit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Fair enough and fair comments just wanted to know if you didn't mind him.

I don't think he will do anything here myself but I hope he turns it around and starts playing some decent football ....I just can't see it one bit.

I think the football has got better since he took over. Monk, Pulis, and even Thompson it was very negative. But it is hard to get us passing the ball and attacking fluently from day one. Hopefully we can build over the season and start scoring more goals. Got to learn to beat the weaker sides, as results against the likes of Wigan, Bolton, Rotherham, have been okay. We'll see!

5 minutes ago, BIG D said:

No idea at all. Even when you see the team you have no idea how we’ll line up.

For me the team would have been improved at the off by replacing Palmer with Hutchinson and putting Adeniran in the middle.

Palmer had a decent game. Hutchinson for Gibson with Adeniran in the middle of the park for me. 

1 minute ago, A47Owl said:

Have we got too many players? 

If his choice was more limited he wouldn't be able to do the Tinkerman stuff. 

Ranieri can't hold a candle to Moore's tinkering. 

Yes, we have too many players but, more frustratingly, we have too many players of the same ilk for each position. The only real variation we have is Paterson. 

• Like 1

Have to ask the question - has a Wednesday manager ever had 8 months and having had such a lackluster impact on the course of events, suddenly turned things around? Nope - he has had time and been given the scope to re-build and yet cannot manage what he has into a coherent force. No wonder they all say they love playing for him - easy ride.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, S1Owl said:

yes, should've still booed them off at full time. Terrible by Moore today.. 

Yes a win, reminds me of that saying a stopped clock is correct twice a day. 

Just don't see and improvement, we look like we have no plan a or b.

We must be so easy to play against. Put pressure on as the defenders always play from the back slow ball to midfield, pass it sideways and backwards, repeat.

3 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

This is why Laws has been out of work for 8 years. There is no concept of a best side these days. It is a squad game. The best teams in the country - Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, etc. all have a group of at least 20 players who can come in and play different roles.

And although League One is a different level of football - the same issues - injuries, fatigue, changing tactics depending on the opposition, all influence things. Our best side to play Bolton will be different to our best side to play Morecambe.

The side itself may need to change due to form, injury etc but in terms of how we set up and how we go about implementing a game plan should be consistent. We should know how we approach a game on our own terms and then if it’s not on our terms what we revert to. Players need to build an understanding so try and play a preferred side and maybe only change one or two within the system to suit certain threats. But keep the approach the same and simple for the players. 

Changing personnel, their positions, the formation and how we play each week or even twice a week is just tying everyone in knots. Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool don’t do that.

• Like 1

injuries, fatigue, changing tactics depending on the opposition, all influence things. Our best side to play Bolton will be different to our best side to play Morecambe.

That sounds just like something that would come straight out of D.M.'s mouth. More bothered about the opposition rather than playing to our own strengths.

I have no idea what he was trying to do today and it didn't look like the players did either. We were very lucky to win that.

This is why Laws has been out of work for 8 years. There is no concept of a best side these days. It is a squad game. The best teams in the country - Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, etc. all have a group of at least 20 players who can come in and play different roles.

And although League One is a different level of football - the same issues - injuries, fatigue, changing tactics depending on the opposition, all influence things. Our best side to play Bolton will be different to our best side to play Morecambe.

Liverpool play their strongest available 11every game. Very little squad rotation there

• Like 1