Jump to content

Brian Laws on Wednesday...


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

'We've won but I'm scratching my head as to what team Moore is going to put out, at this stage of the season you HAVE to know your best side, we have got to get going, and quickly' 

 

Even after a win today, didn't sound like a good game and although it's 3 points it's another  worrying performance.

Laws is bang on

This is the point in the season that your finding a rhythm which builds momentum 

We still don’t have a clue what the best 11 is

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

I cought the last 5 minutes, was it that bad? 

 

First half was a lot worse. To say Moore is trying to get us playing out from the back and keeping the ball we once again looked so clueless and uncomfortable in possession. From what I've seen of us so far we look  better as a side that sits back and hits on the break, we aren't an aggressive enough side attacking, scared to take risks and atleast threaten the opposition...prime example first half when we were in the final third attacking and, like so many times this season, the ball ends up around the edge of our penalty area killing off our own pressure. It really is awful to watch and I don't think Moore has the ability in him to change it around. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

'We've won but I'm scratching my head as to what team Moore is going to put out, at this stage of the season you HAVE to know your best side, we have got to get going, and quickly' 

 

Even after a win today, didn't sound like a good game and although it's 3 points it's another  worrying performance.

 

This is why Laws has been out of work for 8 years. There is no concept of a best side these days. It is a squad game. The best teams in the country - Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, etc. all have a group of at least 20 players who can come in and play different roles.

 

And although League One is a different level of football - the same issues - injuries, fatigue, changing tactics depending on the opposition, all influence things. Our best side to play Bolton will be different to our best side to play Morecambe.

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

 

First half was a lot worse. To say Moore is trying to get us playing out from the back and keeping the ball we once again looked so clueless and uncomfortable in possession. From what I've seen of us so far we look  better as a side that sits back and hits on the break, we aren't an aggressive enough side attacking, scared to take risks and atleast threaten the opposition...prime example first half when we were in the final third attacking and, like so many times this season, the ball ends up around the edge of our penalty area killing off our own pressure. It really is awful to watch and I don't think Moore has the ability in him to change it around. 

I can't think of a time when I've heard him criticise a manager so much like I did today.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

 

This is why Laws has been out of work for 8 years. There is no concept of a best side these days. It is a squad game. The best teams in the country - Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, etc. all have a group of at least 20 players who can come in and play different roles.

 

And although League One is a different level of football - the same issues - injuries, fatigue, changing tactics depending on the opposition, all influence things. Our best side to play Bolton will be different to our best side to play Morecambe.

 

Agree its a squad game, but we have a poor squad.

Edited by Asio otus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

 

This is why Laws has been out of work for 8 years. There is no concept of a best side these days. It is a squad game. The best teams in the country - Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, etc. all have a group of at least 20 players who can come in and play different roles.

 

And although League One is a different level of football - the same issues - injuries, fatigue, changing tactics depending on the opposition, all influence things. Our best side to play Bolton will be different to our best side to play Morecambe.

 

So you are happy with our 'squad game' so far then? 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

So you are happy with our 'squad game' so far then? 

 

 

We'll have to see at the end of the season.

 

I reckon if we had put the same XI out every game we probably would have Hutchinson, Adeniran and Gregory all on the long-term injury list, just like we did in the last few seasons with Lee, Luongo, Fletcher, etc. when we kept playing our best side even when they weren't 100% fit.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Emerson Thome said:

 

We'll have to see at the end of the season.

 

I reckon if we had put the same XI out every game we probably would have Hutchinson, Adeniran and Gregory all on the long-term injury list, just like we did in the last few seasons with Lee, Luongo, Fletcher, etc. when we kept playing our best side even when they weren't 100% fit.

Na mate let's not wait because I don't want to ride it out ? Are you happy with Moores game so far? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TaxiMark said:

Na mate let's not wait because I don't want to ride it out ? Are you happy with Moores game so far? 

 

Yes.

 

Don't panic. 11 games in to the season and just signed 13 new players. Change the manager and we get the whole shítty cycle again we've had since Carlos left. Each manager taking us lower and lower down the league and a load of players who don't fit the new managers plans.

 

If we were doing terribly we should make a change, but we're 1 point outside the playoffs with the 2nd best defence in the league. A lot of the pundits who know this league had Wednesday in midtable going into the start of the season.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't disagree there with Laws.

 

God that was a hard watch again. It seems to me like the players are being over coached🤔 they look really uncomfortable with how we are playing, it all seems forced.

 

Interesting that our goal game from the one passage of play that was spontaneous; on the break, quick, first time passing and hey presto a good goal!

 

Not difficult really

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree about our best 11 not being clear, I’m going to give moore some slack by saying with all the changes we’ve had and the last two seasons of ineptitude I don’t think any club would know after 11 games what their best 11 is or have a settled style of play as that only comes with time and a core of a squad and we haven’t got that yet. But after at least 15 games (a third of the season) it should be coherent and relatively settled.

I’m more worried about the lack of energy across the team given the reduction in age of team, that should be a minimum.

 

Im also hoping that win will be a release of pressure which I’m sure they were feeling.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...