• Developer

• Rockstar Games
  • Publisher

• Rockstar Games
  • Themes

• Crime
  • Released

• About

Celebrating the 20th anniversary of Grand Theft Auto III, The Definitive Edition is a compliation that features remastered versions of Grand Theft Auto III, Vice City, and San Andreas.

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition

About

Celebrating the 20th anniversary of Grand Theft Auto III, The Definitive Edition is a compliation that features remastered versions of Grand Theft Auto III, Vice City, and San Andreas.

Description

Overview

The Definitive Edition is a compilation of the PlayStation 2-era trilogy of Grand Theft Auto games, which includes:

• Grand Theft Auto III (2001)
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (2002)
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (2004)

Screenshots

This page uses the giant bomb API.

I thought it deserved it's own thread. More info is coming in the coming weeks. It will release on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch and PC. The Mobile versions will be coming in the first half of next year too. Rockstar said it will feature "across-the-board upgrades including graphical improvements and modern gameplay enhancements for all three titles, while still maintaining the classic look and feel of the originals." It was also announced that the existing versions of the games available on the digital stores will no longer be available to buy starting from next week. (I don't know if that means the PS4/Xbox One ports or more?) GTA Online is receiving content for GTA III's anniversary too.

I think it will release around the 22nd of this month as III released on that date. Also it's probably going to be digital versions only sadly. It's crappy that the other versions are being removed, unless this one has all the song licenses back which it should, plus considering the money Take-Two/Rockstar make. Also it better be/look good haha. 

It better look like this, but with actual fingers:lol

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

44 minutes ago, wiggy said:

Can’t see me shelling out £70 for this unless it’s a pretty incredible remaster

I was thinking the same. If it's all true I would personally wait for a physical copy and a sale. I would probably still hesitate even if it's incredible at 70 though. Also I still don't know if it's a remaster or remake, it's gets confusing at times. I'm leaning kinda between the two, but more on the remake side. The new achievements show somethings like a bicycle in VC and a bigfoot print in SA etc. Plus you have the games rumoured to be on the Unreal Engine 4 and then you have the modern gameplay/control changes etc.

https://theclick.gg/gaming/games/grand-theft-auto/gta-trilogy-leaks-definitive-edition-trophy-list-revealed/ 

• Like 1

I would be happy to pay 70 for the three full games providing they are properly remastered (graphics, gameplay etc) to a good level. That is a lot of hours of gameplay. 

If the remaster is only a very basic enhancement of the graphics then I am not sure. 

• Like 1

Sounds like it will be a proper remaster instead of a crappy one. I've been looking at the Mass Effect Legendary Edition a lot lately and think it will be like how Mass Effect 1 got upgraded. Probably expect the trailer for GTA next week too.

This was a good video as well on how some things should change:

Also I wonder if we will get a first person view like GTA V and RDR2 had.

I think it's half a remaster and half remake now, remakester if you will.

Also@Chris_B_SWFCsome more trophies for you if you're interested haha. The guy in the video has 199 platinums, you have over 200 don't you if I remember correctly?

9 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

I think it's half a remaster and half remake now, remakester if you will.

Also@Chris_B_SWFCsome more trophies for you if you're interested haha. The guy in the video has 199 platinums, you have over 200 don't you if I remember correctly?

Not me mate, I have 61

1 minute ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Not me mate, I have 61

Ah, someone on here has, maybe it was@mozzy85then?

4 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Half remaster half remake? Sounds promising. Hoping we might get release date info soon. 

It's just something I've come up with. Yeah hopefully we get more news/a trailer this week.

https://store.rockstargames.com/en/game/buy-grand-theft-auto-the-trilogy-the-definitive-edition 

Releasing digitally on 11th of November and physically on the 6th of December for PC, PlayStation, Xbox and it looks like Nintendo Switch too at the same time. The current/only price so far is 54.99. Probably expect the trailer dropping today as well. Also happy 20th birthday GTA III.🥳

Its currently £31.44 on the Icelandic Microsoft Store,  with no VPN required. 

QUICK GUIDE:

Go to the relevant game page on the Hungary / Czech / Norway / Iceland / Poland store and click the blue ‘Buy’ link and log in using your usual U.K. account, this will first ask you to set up an account address for that their region if you don’t already have one set up. Google is your friend.

It will then ask you to add a payment option, this is where you add the payment card of your choice.

It is advisable to completely avoid the use of a VPN.

The game will then be available to download via your console as you normally would.

• Thanks 1