Kieran Lee

I loved him when he played for us so a little polite applause when his names read out but then boo him like mad panto villain style during the match until the final whistle and only then  sing all you want to him when he leaves the pitch...we're too nice to returnees at S6...and we need the points!! 😀

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

He'll have a blinder but i'd say unlikely to score.   He doesn't try to take centre stage, he is a team player.   Something some of our current players could learn from.

I think that if Bannan could give up the limelight and play for the team at DM, he'd be the best player in the league.

Works hard, reads the game better than anyone else in this league and can see opportunities. 

Hr just needs to let someone else take those opportunities instead of being the frontman.

3 minutes ago, NOT jack whitham said:

Bannan you mean.

Sort of, there are a couple of players who think they are better than this division right now and none are really making a great season for themselves so far.

But no, not singling out Bannan.

1 minute ago, Salmonbones said:

Sort of, there are a couple of players who think they are better than this division right now and none are really making a great season for themselves so far.

But no, not singling out Bannan.

Who? Just curious.

1 minute ago, Tewkesbury said:

Who? Just curious.

Ok i'll suggest in no particular order.

Palmer
Wing

Iorfa

Hunt

Bannan

Dunkley

Peacock Farrell

They are the ones who i've seen being most complacent.

That's not my main concern - the ones that look hungry and up for it seem to not be getting the game time their attitude on the pitch deserves.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Ok i'll suggest in no particular order.

Palmer
Wing

Iorfa

Hunt

Bannan

Dunkley

Peacock Farrell

They are the ones who i've seen being most complacent.

That's not my main concern - the ones that look hungry and up for it seem to not be getting the game time their attitude on the pitch deserves.

There are 2 I'd disagree with.

Wing and Dunkley.

Wing started like that, but in the last few games he's put the work in, playing at DM. Even though it's not his position and he makes a few mistakes, he's grafting in there, but it's not always noticed. He's blocked 5 shots this season, only Hutch more. While Bannan's off hitting 40 yarders into the stands and Theo's riverdancing in the corner, he's at the back, unnoticed, trying to make it work.

Dunkley's the same. Putting in solid performances, clearing everything, top 5 in the league in the air. Passing not too great, but not the worst either. Playing well. But because he's not called Iorfa, he gets a bad rap, despite playing arguably better than him.

Both of these are consistently rated on here as being bad, because they're putting in the gruntwork, not the flashy stuff that peiple remember. 

1 minute ago, Tewkesbury said:

There are 2 I'd disagree with.

Wing and Dunkley.

Wing started like that, but in the last few games he's put the work in, playing at DM. Even though it's not his position and he makes a few mistakes, he's grafting in there, but it's not always noticed. He's blocked 5 shots this season, only Hutch more. While Bannan's off hitting 40 yarders into the stands and Theo's riverdancing in the corner, he's at the back, unnoticed, trying to make it work.

Dunkley's the same. Putting in solid performances, clearing everything, top 5 in the league in the air. Passing not too great, but not the worst either. Playing well. But because he's not called Iorfa, he gets a bad rap, despite playing arguably better than him.

Both of these are consistently rated on here as being bad, because they're putting in the gruntwork, not the flashy stuff that peiple remember. 

Bannan hit the bar in trying to get us a point last weekend, denied by a good save, hardly pinging it into the stand. Meanwhile Wing was slow and ineffective, again. He needs to up his game. 

Dunkley was awful last weekend, Iorfa wasn't much better but the difference when Hutchinson plays at the back compared to Dunkley with the way Moore is trying to play is clear. 

If you think Wing and Dunkley have played well recently your standards are pretty low.  

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Bannan hit the bar in trying to get us a point last weekend, denied by a good save, hardly pinging it into the stand. Meanwhile Wing was slow and ineffective, again. He needs to up his game. 

Dunkley was awful last weekend, Iorfa wasn't much better but the difference when Hutchinson plays at the back compared to Dunkley with the way Moore is trying to play is clear. 

If you think Wing and Dunkley have played well recently your standards are pretty low.  

I need to make a kind of argument against myself here.

We don't actually have any players at the back capable of playing like Moore wants.

That in my opinion includes Hutchinson.

He's trying to make a pig in a poke, he's made signings that on paper are brilliant, but not many who want to play how he is designating we should play.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Did he score? Nope.

Bannan has taken 14 shots this season, more than anyone but Gregory. Scored 1. Adeniran has scored 2 from 9.

Maybe if he'd played for the team and passed to someone better at shooting we'd have won.

It's like I said, everyone remembers Bannan hitting the bar, wasting an attempt, but forgets Wing, who's behind him covering for when he misses and the ball's sent back up our end.

Hutch wouldn't have done anything to stop their goals either.

2 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

I need to make a kind of argument against myself here.

We don't actually have any players at the back capable of playing like Moore wants.

That in my opinion includes Hutchinson.

He's trying to make a pig in a poke, he's made signings that on paper are brilliant, but not many who want to play how he is designating we should play.

Hard to disagree with that. Too often we have looked uncomfortable in what we are trying to do and don't get enough players in threatening positions for a 4-3-3 to be effective. 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 would be better for me and would surely make the defenders a little less uncomfortable in possession if they had midfielders to pass to who could then look to get it forward. 

It is debatable whether Bannan is wasted a little when playing a deep role but if he does then at least the defenders have an option and if Bannan has options ahead of him we can move through the lines. Wing keeps getting caught when picking up the ball deep and Adeniran's strength is not passing through from deep. 

The front man needs someone in support and the wide players need service but also need to play further up field to create a threat. 

3 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Did he score? Nope.

Bannan has taken 14 shots this season, more than anyone but Gregory. Scored 1. Adeniran has scored 2 from 9.

Maybe if he'd played for the team and passed to someone better at shooting we'd have won.

It's like I said, everyone remembers Bannan hitting the bar, wasting an attempt, but forgets Wing, who's behind him covering for when he misses and the ball's sent back up our end.

Hutch wouldn't have done anything to stop their goals either.

You don't think Hutchinson would have made a better attempt to block the shot for the first goal?

Bannan has been far from his best but has still been way better than Wing who has been a big disappointment. Wing has covered very little, it seems you forget Bannan running back 50 yards and winning a goal kick as it doesn't suit your point. Bannan could be a better asset if played deeper it seems, that's not down to him though. We were better last weekend when Wing went off, even despite the bizarre decision to put Dele-Bashiru wide right. 

11 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You don't think Hutchinson would have made a better attempt to block the shot for the first goal?

Bannan has been far from his best but has still been way better than Wing who has been a big disappointment. Wing has covered very little, it seems you forget Bannan running back 50 yards and winning a goal kick as it doesn't suit your point. Bannan could be a better asset if played deeper it seems, that's not down to him though. We were better last weekend when Wing went off, even despite the bizarre decision to put Dele-Bashiru wide right. 

Nope, as he had a man running in on the inside so couldn't commit.

See the pic.

We were better v Oxford because Gregory went off and we started to move their defence back second half.

Screenshot_20211005-080748_Brave.jpg

1 hour ago, sexpistol said:

Are you asking who was a better player period or who was better for Wednesday?

For Forestieri was clearly a more talented player and his first season as better than anything Lee did at Hillsborough imo. 
Bannan is better on both counts. 
I will happily make two lists if you like?

2 hours ago, Sham67 said:

That was Gary Hooper by an absolute country mile.

Ok, I forgot to say 'Consistently', the best player since the Premier days.

You could count Kieran Lee's poor games on the fingers of one hand and not use three fingers.

Forestieri?! Like you say, for one season, and that was if he fancied it and everything was going his way. Mardy tw@t.

• Like 2