Barnsley wooden stand condemned and closed .................

6 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

Like I said before it would depend on what they are claiming is unsafe and what restrictions are put in place for this if they are saying its unsafe to have a thousand fans in the stand moving about standing up sitting down and just general movement that is different to having maybe a dozen journalists in the stand 

What they don't understand is why a quarter of the way into the season and not at the start.

The 2 guys that have sacked it are 'Werthers' guys in their mid 70's and so don't want to move to the 'Ponte' stand and the East stand is like climbing Mount Everest with the number of stairs to climb and they are not allowed to use the lifts as these are reserved for box clientele. 

Really feel for them.

8 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

What they don't understand is why a quarter of the way into the season and not at the start.

The 2 guys that have sacked it are 'Werthers' guys in their mid 70's and so don't want to move to the 'Ponte' stand and the East stand is like climbing Mount Everest with the number of stairs to climb and they are not allowed to use the lifts as these are reserved for box clientele. 

Really feel for them.

Not being part of Barnsley football club its a little bit hard to tell why but council can put in place for certain things to be done within a set time frame which the club then have to agree too and are issued with a safety certificate.  If this deadline is then passed and the issue isn't resolved or significant progress isn't shown the council can impose sanctions ie closing down the stand . But the club would have know they would be in this position at beginning of the season and should have put an action plan into place 

5 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

There was an old dear on football heaven last night reminiscing. 

Been going in there since 1958. 

I'll be honest, I thought I felt a tear streak down the old cheek at one point.

Her Ladyship?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Plonk said:

How does a stand go from being ok last week to a structural danger this week?

Surely it’s a gradual process they must have been aware of?

An annual  structural survey is a pre requisite of the Safety Certificate so Im guessing the results of theirs is in and due to age and deterioration it has failed. 

6 hours ago, mildatheart67 said:

Looks like bit of intrique.

Barnsley Met .Council say it passed it's inspection only a month ago..Twitter a few minutes back 

Yep, mate of mine says council don't have an issue with it.

Club owners are apparently not happy with the asking price they have been quoted to purchase the stadium.......... 

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yep, mate of mine says council don't have an issue with it.

Club owners are apparently not happy with the asking price they have been quoted to purchase the stadium.......... 

So let's kick the long standing fans in the nuts...............priceless.

Overseas owners eh with no affiliation for the club 🙈

9 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

There was an article on BBC sport about it yesterday. Over 1000 season ticket holders in that stand that are having to move.

Mental, that's 97% of their average home attendance as well.