Chansiri summoned to MP meeting over season ticket refunds.

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

I finally got fed up with being mugged off by the club and I opened a claim through the small claims court, which is currently active 

Yeah I looked into this, knowing my luck I’d lose it and have to owe them Money 😂

Edited by Mosborough-owl
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Mosborough-owl said:

Yeah I looked into this, knowing my luck I’d lose it and have to owe them Money 😂

You cannot lose mate. The club arnt contesting the claims surprise, surprise. 

• Like 1

We have been through a pandemic ... no one could foresee this ... the fact that people are getting their money back (which they are entitled to is great) - I personally went for ifollow/shop credit initially and then ticket credit for which I bought 2 extra season tickets ... so all has now gone back into the club without having to pay anything back to me. I understand that not everyone could afford to do this as circumstances financially changed.

However, saying that I saved a fortune on petrol, travel, away tickets, drinks and food, programmes, etc. with not actually going to matches during the pandemic and ST's were already paid for (5 year) so its really a blessing in disguise - I could have watched us being crap home/away in ground and been worse off financially if there hadn't been a pandemic !!

Many might be annoyed at the time the things have taken to get refund but at the end of the day ... This was not Chansiri's fault and he did not create the pandemic! I don't think anyone expected it dragging on as long as it did (the pandemic) after the initial refund announcements. 

I found it interesting that the FSA has said that in Championship 51% of fans said they wanted a pro-rata refund on their season tickets and would accept it as credit. This dropped to 27% and 20% for League One and League where a Staggering numbers of supporters of EFL clubs are refusing to ask for refunds for their season tickets – in a bid to help their sides survive the pandemic.!! 

Anyway, Cash was always going to take longer - I mean my mother has waited like 11 months to get bedroom furniture from Bensons because of them having cash flow issues paying suppliers ... However, it was easier to wait for the furniture than get a refund and start again.. it's not just football clubs that have been affected. 

So good luck getting your refunds ... I am sure this is more of an admin issue and the time it's taking due to number of staff rather than the club not wanting to pay you back. 

Edited by S25OWL
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, markg said:

Finally got mine.

but as others have said it does leave a bitter taste and it’s not something I’ll forget. People could have done with the money much earlier considering everything 

I got mine last week, so they've obviously put it on hold for ages and waited until the new season when we've eventually got an income stream again.

But this self important MP will probably take the credit and claim that she's shamed Chansiri into repaying the fans. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the country was shut down and whatever you think of chansiri if he didnt keep paying the bills we would be 100x worse off than derby and we wouldnt even  have a club by now . if someone decides to stop allowing people into football etc then they should foot the bill . we still nowhere near have seen the end to football going into meltdown ,expect 3-4 clubs going to the wall in next 12 months and loads more in administration . 

• Like 2

Got my refund this week, finally. 

It’s an absolute ******** take of loyal season ticket holders that this has taken so long, and still no one has a clue when it will be completed.

The total lack of comms beyond a couple of vague club statements is what really grates thought. Just shows a total lack of respect for people who are the lifeblood of the club. Shut up and go away, you’ll get your money back one day… it’s only a few quid and we’ve been hard hit by the pandemic, new ticket system bla bla bla. Meanwhile the club is paying hundreds of grand a week in wages.

There’s no way refunds should have taken this long, and no reason the club couldn’t have been communicating openly to those affected. Email is quick and cheap… there’s just been a total lack of will to do it. 

Chansiri likes to talk about family and being in it together, but actions speak louder than words. Very poor. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Mosborough-owl said:

Good. He should. I’ve said many times, I don’t care what new system they have, no way does it take this long. I’ve contacted the club via phone and email many times regarding my ST refund and I get the same response that they are working there way though them, and I will definitely receive it eventually. I for one don’t believe them anymore. Why should I?! It’s been over a year. Sending money by pigeon would have been quicker. I don’t think they realise but £100 back (OF MY OWN MONEY MAY I ADD) would help me massively. 

You will. We waited over a year for my partner's which we got a few weeks ago without chasing at all or no CCJs issued against the club

Yes it's taking longer than it should for a reason I don't know, but they'll come as they have proved with others and myself