Chansiri summoned to MP meeting over season ticket refunds.

While not in any way attempting to defend the indefensible, like he is going to give a throw about an MP with very little actual power, who can't even mount a credible opposition to an incompetent government, never mind a belligerent multi millionaire running a private company from the other side of the world. 

Supporters deserved every penny at the point it was promised, where was the MP's intervention then, was supporters financial suffering not applicable then, or does it just suit now to get coverage in the press?

• Like 9

I don't know if it is a coincidence but I received a phone call this morning and will get my refund in the next week or so.

A very polite women as well.

2 minutes ago, striker said:

While not in any way attempting to defend the indefensible, like he is going to give a throw about an MP with very little actual power, who can't even mount a credible opposition to an incompetent government, never mind a belligerent multi millionaire running a private company from the other side of the world. 

Supporters deserved every penny at the point it was promised, where was the MP's intervention then, was supporters financial suffering not applicable then, or does it just suit now to get coverage in the press?

Think the bad publicity it generates is more likely to get people refunds than it being an actual MP.

Its still all leaves a bit of a bad feeling in my mouth it has taken so long to get a refund and it has only really happened because of the bad PR it was generating. Nothing to at all to do with cash flow.
I am still undecided about getting a season ticket next season where as before I didn't even think about it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Good. He should. I’ve said many times, I don’t care what new system they have, no way does it take this long. I’ve contacted the club via phone and email many times regarding my ST refund and I get the same response that they are working there way though them, and I will definitely receive it eventually. I for one don’t believe them anymore. Why should I?! It’s been over a year. Sending money by pigeon would have been quicker. I don’t think they realise but £100 back (OF MY OWN MONEY MAY I ADD) would help me massively. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't know if it is a coincidence but I received a phone call this morning and will get my refund in the next week or so.

A very polite women as well.

Think the bad publicity it generates is more likely to get people refunds than it being an actual MP.

Its still all leaves a bit of a bad feeling in my mouth it has taken so long to get a refund and it has only really happened because of the bad PR it was generating. Nothing to at all to do with cash flow.
I am still undecided about getting a season ticket next season where as before I didn't even think about it.

Get one next season definitely!! League 2 season tickets are a bargain!! 🥴

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Mosborough-owl said:

Good. He should. I’ve said many times, I don’t care what new system they have, no way does it take this long. I’ve contacted the club via phone and email many times regarding my ST refund and I get the same response that they are working there way though them, and I will definitely receive it eventually. I for one don’t believe them anymore. Why should I?! It’s been over a year. Sending money by pigeon would have been quicker. I don’t think they realise but £100 back (OF MY OWN MONEY MAY I ADD) would help me massively. 

I had given up on mine just about but like I previously stated I had a phone call this morning.

When everyone else was overjoyed at our 14 signings I couldn't help feeling a bit annoyed that this was being done at a time we were told the club couldn't refund people due to cashflow problems.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

I had given up on mine just about but like I previously stated I had a phone call this morning.

When everyone else was overjoyed at our 14 signings I couldn't help feeling a bit annoyed that this was being done at a time we were told the club couldn't refund people due to cashflow problems.

Haha I was exactly the same! I feel like I’m been treated like a mug. It’s MY money ffs. They have my money and are basically refusing to give it me back. I love swfc, but this ST saga  has left me with a bitter taste. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Mosborough-owl said:

Haha I was exactly the same! I feel like I’m been treated like a mug. It’s MY money ffs. They have my money and are basically refusing to give it me back. I love swfc, but this ST saga  has left me with a bitter taste. 

I finally got fed up with being mugged off by the club and I opened a claim through the small claims court, which is currently active 

• Like 2

Whilst I am with all the ST holders who are owed money, who the hell does this trumped up individual think he is?  He's simply an elected representative, who 'helps' to make laws, not to enhorce them. Were I to be ' summoned to meet an MP', much as he /she might be trying to help me, they are still just citizens like you or I. Were I to 'summon my MP to appear before me,' I wonder what their reaction would be. They are LAw MAKERS not LAW ENFORCERS. That isthe prerogative of the judiciary.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Whilst I am with all the ST holders who are owed money, who the hell does this trumped up individual think he is?  He's simply an elected representative, who 'helps' to make laws, not to enhorce them. Were I to be ' summoned to meet an MP', much as he /she might be trying to help me, they are still just citizens like you or I. Were I to 'summon my MP to appear before me,' I wonder what their reaction would be. They are LAw MAKERS not LAW ENFORCERS. That isthe prerogative of the judiciary.

Think being a local MP does give you a bit more authority then the average person, you are elected by them to represent your interests.

You can also have every right to see your MP, most take surgeries every week.
Think the word 'Summoned' is just used by the reporter to sex up the story a bit.

Edited by matthefish2002
  • Like 4

Summoned - now I dont know whether thats arrogance or  self importance from some jumped up MP who would be otherwise  unemployable , but believe me Chansiri would be well within his rights to tell the jumped up twerp to go forth and multiply. That said Im firmly on the MPs side on this occasion because its a noble cause.

• Haha 1