If Steve Bruce had stayed

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

P17. W7. D8. L2. F26. A15

Ive deliberately ignored the last game of the season - the home 2-1 defeat by Hull. The meaningless flip-flop beach-football friendly. 

We only lost to Villa and Leeds.

The last game of the season was to QPR not Hull.

Think if Newcastle had not come calling Bruce would have walked out by Xmas anyway.

Club was going to have embargos and Points deductions looming and doubt that was what was sold to him by Chansiri when he agreed to come.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

The last game of the season was to QPR not Hull.

Think if Newcastle had not come calling Bruce would have walked out by Xmas anyway.

Club was going to have embargos and Points deductions looming and doubt that was what was sold to him by Chansiri when he agreed to come.

Exactly. We were an absolute mess and he got out as soon as he could to save his reputation. The boyhood club thing was a load of rubbish, if you feel that strongly about them then you wouldn’t manage Sunderland. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Wouldn't have been here for another year it's in his management dna , always walks when a better offer comes in. Chose the wrong club in Newcastle and despised by the majority of fans. Sure he will walk with a pocket full of cash to sweeten the blow.

If I was in charge of Newcastle I would keep him in as manager, he's a decent bloke who has been in the game for years, give him money to spend on players in January could end up top half of table, and better position for start of next season, you don't need a Hollywood type manager to run a team, just someone with knowledge of the game

6 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

If I was in charge of Newcastle I would keep him in as manager, he's a decent bloke who has been in the game for years, give him money to spend on players in January could end up top half of table, and better position for start of next season, you don't need a Hollywood type manager to run a team, just someone with knowledge of the game

Newcastle have just had a squillion pound takeover. They will want a top manager to bring in top players, not some EFL manager that takes his son to every club he manages.

29 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Not a chance. They will want the feel good factor and that would be compromised if Bruce stays as the fans hate him.

Hoping newcastle are relegated...nearly as much as the piggies last season.

They will have to deal with ffp..the saudis don't like rules that they don't make.

Probably be scrapped though, now they are in charge of football..if they decide to publically flog board members of the EFL..wonder how much tickets would be?

The geordies will be reyt made when no booze will be sold at the ground.

No idea what will happen if they draw shrewsbury away in the cup...they may fire missiles at the ground...that we sold em.