If Steve Bruce had stayed

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

We saw enough in his brief time here to be optimistic that he’d have taken us up.

We lost 3 games in about 20 in his time here. And his contacts and acumen was finding us some gems.

Wish he’d stayed, and I’d have him back tomorrow.  

Agree with this although not so sure I'd have him back now.

The points he got during his brief time here would have been enough for the play offs if averaged over a full season.

You could also tell the players were buying into what he was doing, there was a bit of optimism around the club for the first time in a while, that's the bit that irritates me the most, that he had the fans here pretty much fully behind him and he threw it away to be resented by Newcastle fans.

And a sh*tload of money obviously.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Holmowl said:

We saw enough in his brief time here to be optimistic that he’d have taken us up.

We lost 3 games in about 20 in his time here. And his contacts and acumen was finding us some gems.

Out of curiosity how many of them 20 did we win? I seem to remember loads of draws.  

13 hours ago, Rumble Fish said:

I have a feeling he is about to become available again. 

would you take him back?

Yes, if committed to us and didn't sell us down the river after just starting on his job. If he came in and actually did the job and didn't jump ship, I'd give him another chance.

23 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

Out of curiosity how many of them 20 did we win? I seem to remember loads of draws.  

P17. W7. D8. L2. F26. A15

Ive deliberately ignored the last game of the season - the home 2-1 defeat by Hull. The meaningless flip-flop beach-football friendly. 

We only lost to Villa and Leeds.

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Ive deliberately ignored the last game of the season - the home 2-1 defeat by Hull. The meaningless flip-flop beach-football friendly. 

Monk and Bullen had a better record until we decided to stop paying the players in December.

13 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Maybe not but key players wouldn't have been frozen out and our form wouldn't have dipped as bad as it did. If we did enough that season to be slapped with a 12 point deduction and stay in the championship we'd still be there now.

Key players 😂😂

10 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Who are these gems you speak of?

13 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

We'd possibly have got to the prem but would've been no lower than mid table in the championship. We'd have made the play offs the season Monk had us 3rd at Christmas. 

Dont-Understand-e15017075219461.jpeg

He is a serial walker so he would probably have left at the end of his first full season claiming he hadnt been backed as promised.

However , he would have left us in the top 10 of the championship IMHO....................arguably the best manager we have had in many a year , but in typical Wednesday fashion he didn`t work out.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

That makes us no better than Huddersfield.

lol

16 hours ago, Rumble Fish said:

I have a feeling he is about to become available again. 

would you take him back?

I would, it was harsh when he left but few would have turned down what he left for, water under the bridge, and lets face it there is no light at the end of the tunnel with moore.