If Steve Bruce had stayed

11 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

We'd possibly have got to the prem but would've been no lower than mid table in the championship. We'd have made the play offs the season Monk had us 3rd at Christmas. 

Yes a failure to pay players wages during the season is often cited as a critical backbone to the success of many teams that have gained promotion.

• Haha 1

Bruce did a decent job at steadying the ship and I think would have maybe got us enough points so that we could have been given our points deduction in that season rather than carrying it over to the next (my understanding is that the FA were reluctant to give it us the first season because demotion was considered too stringent a punishment). Then we might be in the Championship this season. But I still think he’d have moved on by now and we’d probably have had the same embargo etc. Maybe we’d go down this season instead of last? 
Fûck knows. Not sure why I even bothered posting. But I’ve typed it now. So there you have it…

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Anthndav said:

Why would he come back? He's a very successful manager in the type of jobs he does. He's a bit like Fat Sam in that way.

They also probably take the same size track suit. Ashley could supply them with those Slazenger XXXXXL ones that they always seem to have too many of

9 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Yes a failure to pay players wages during the season is often cited as a critical backbone to the success of many teams that have gained promotion.

Maybe not but key players wouldn't have been frozen out and our form wouldn't have dipped as bad as it did. If we did enough that season to be slapped with a 12 point deduction and stay in the championship we'd still be there now.

• Like 1

Guest Andy W
58 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

correct…I’d like to think some of these “would you have him back” posts are a joke but they really aren’t are they

Wouldn't touch the trecherous tw4t with a barge pole

To put the mighty Bruce in perspective..he managed a 39% win rate here...Bullen with a similar amount of games managed to get 47%...without the players Bruce brought in..allegedly brought in.

And remember Bullen had to manage with 7 long time injured 1st teamers...

Now Bruce is down to a 29% win rate...no wonder the geordies didn't want him..they knew what was coming.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Steve Bruce is an unloyal rat who will soon get the treatment that he deserves!! He’s done it to several clubs including us and he will soon know what it feels like. 

He will get a handsome pay off, Im absolutely sure he won't give two chuffs.

• Like 1