Rob Lee

14 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Sort of my point, they universal now, if we didn't have one before just shows how far behind we are still.

True. And there's a place for it I'm sure. 

As long as it doesn't come at the expense of the coaching team ignoring the blindingly obvious things that they  can see with their eyes. 

"Well, Ron, Chelsea have taken on a more Mediterranean diet, more complex carbs,  no alcohol, no sugars,  no stodgy foods. The top teams in Italy have been doing it for years"

"So have the cr*p ones ,Clive"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

True. And there's a place for it I'm sure. 

As long as it doesn't come at the expense of the coaching team ignoring the blindingly obvious things that they  can see with their eyes. 

"Well, Ron, Chelsea have taken on a more Mediterranean diet, more complex carbs,  no alcohol, no sugars,  no stodgy foods. The top teams in Italy have been doing it for years"

"So have the cr*p ones ,Clive"

The first page of the book Soccernomics has an anecdote about Man City studying corners, the most effective being inswingers to the front post. Mancini, the manager disagreed, said he knew that the outswinger wss better, despite the data saying otherwise.

Sometimes your eyes don't see everything and we're all biased in some way.

See the differences in player ratings on here for example.

I was listening to some YouTube about Liverpool… apparently they are really big on stats and any form of sports science possible…

to the point where Klopp’s decisions have changed based upon it  (this sounds somewhat obvious) but you get things like the ‘resting’ of their best players… which a manager would never want to do. 

Wonder if we’ll see even more squad rotation from Moore with Lee coming in.  Moore is often talking about ‘volume’ and people having certain minutes playing time etc.