Booing the referee at Hillsborough

A team with a positive mind set of trying to win games not lose them would be a better use of the time.

Set a team up to win games with strikers and wingers on the pitch, play players in their correct positions and get rid of the silly tippy tappy across the back line. This would be a very good start.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kopparberg said:

It’s just a question / thread / debate. 

Thanks anyway 

OK here's a serious answer.

Yes, booing the ref has worked plenty of times in my 50 plus years of going to Hillsborough by getting the mood of the crowd going. It can pressurise ref's (or it can make them not want to give in) but at least a revved up crowd generally gets behind the team more (if they think that there is some injustice in the way that they are being treated).

This bunch of weak willed xxxxxxx aren't strong enough to use it though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I met a former ref at a BBQ. I talked about being a Wednesdayite and he just laughed. He said that the refereeing down in L1 is awful. His exact words were ‘it’s like the fûcking Wild West down there’.They are on hardly any money and anyone who’s any good is already reffing the Championship or Prem. The linemen might get £50 plus a bit of petrol money. No one wants to do it. And who can blame them? Running up and down is the piśsing rain in a half empty stadium in November getting shouted at by people like me? 
The only ref who was any good so far was the lady who reffed against Mansfield. 
So we should fully expect them to be shîte, and get our ‘Booing’ muscles warmed up and ready! 

As to the ref I met, I did asked him how he felt about getting pelters. ‘I couldn’t give a fûck’ was his reply…

• Thanks 1

Once worked with a retired ref / linesman...asked if he ever ran the line at Hillsborough.

Yep...foookers, fans thought I made a wrong offside decision early in the game...said he didn't.

Anyhow got dogs abuse ...(this was arround the cushion lobbing period)...ages ago

He said,  'i never gave the b'tards foookall for the rest of the game..

Ref was shyte and Wednesday ended up winning 2-0 anyhow'

😂

• Thanks 1