It's Time For The Youngsters

8 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

Lamentable though the tactics are, I don't think he tells them to pass the ball to the opposition bat every available opportunity.

no but the slow build up and pedestrian pace is down to him 

We have six youngsters out on loan (Hunt, Galvin, Waldock, Hagan, Jackson and Brennan) and the U23 team is currently struggling with five defeats and two draws and only two goals scored so far. Two youngsters were unused subs on Tuesday against Mansfield (Render, and Adedoyin) and I think that the latter may have got on if we'd have been more comfortable. I expect with the Harrogate game now being a dead rubber we might see a few more youngsters play next month. 

The U18 team are doing a lot better and everyone always gets very excited by snippets they hear but I think it very rare that players that age can step up. Everyone would love for us to find our own Rooney, Owen or more recently Jude Bellingham but I think patience is required. A couple of the U18 lads do seem really promising (Jack Hall, Leojo Davidson, and Bailey Cadamarteri in particular) but lets give them a chance at U23 level before expecting them to impact the first team. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

2 are in Scottish Premier League, Shaw and Uhroghide.

Ben Godfrey is a regular for Everton.

Jamie Vardy turned out quite well.

George Hirst is contracted to Leicester 

There's plenty if you dig deep enough 

Ben Godfrey had a trial at Wednesday, he wasn't part of the system.

While I think both Shaw and Urhoghide are decent they aren't anywhere near it at the moment with Celtic.

Nobody saw Vardy's career trajectory coming.

Hirst won't play for Leicester again I wouldn't have thought.

7 hours ago, mark1948 said:

Anyone with pace who can kick a ball and cross it beyond the first man will do. They don't have to be great just enthusiastic and fit. Of course we keep the few good players we have, I'm sure you know who they are.

If a player in the U23's was thought to be good enough then I think they would have been involved and we wouldn't have loaned in a player from Wolves.

There may well be decent players lower than that but just chucking them in at the moment will do more harm than good in my opinion.

19 hours ago, jp1981 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Cadamarteri's lad on the bench at some point this season, maybe given a run if we have a decent lead.

Do you really think Moore would put a 16 year old into an already faltering team.

Youth yes…kids barely out of school no.

2 hours ago, Blatter said:

Do you really think Moore would put a 16 year old into an already faltering team.

Youth yes…kids barely out of school no.

Maybe not. However, Michael Owen was only 16 when he made his debut.

Also I wasn't suggesting that Moore would use a 16 year old. Mearley that I wouldn't mind seeing him get a game at some point.

Play a League One side's kids XI, in League One. Yeah, tremendous idea, when the Premier League U21 teams often get battered in the Papa John Trophy by L1 and L2 sides. For example Liverpool U21 got tonked 4-0 at Rochdale and 4-1 at Bolton, Leicester U21 have lost 5-0 and 4-1 recently against Accrington and Fleetwood, who probably didn't even put out a full strength team themselves. 

But I'm sure it'll be fine, our kids are bound to be much better than Liverpool's. 

• Like 1

what youngsters? there all out playing park football on loan ,think hunt in national league is highest any have gone out on loan at. we have the worst u23 team and did last season 2 bottom of the league . nowhere near ready . over the next few weeks i can see hillsborough returning to be a hostile place for the players once its confirmed we are going nowhere this season , every players mistake will make them a bag of nerves . kids dont need that leave them on loan. 

There is no correlation between the younger players and playing attacking fancy football. 

The younger players are like that in under 18’s because they are better than the other players around them. 

They are not ready to be booted all over a muddy league 1 pitch by a s**thouse centre back to get booed off at half time. 

It’s really not rocket science 

We are one of the worst sides in the World in both identifying and developing talent.

Over the years it cost us a lot as we often found ourselves with poor squads made out of players with no resale value.

Something needs to change and we must completely change our approach. It seems that this year we have couple of really talented players coming through our academy in Jack Hall and Bailey-Tye Cadamarteri with likes of Davidson, Shipston and Al-Jahadhmy not far behind. Hope we learned from the past and won't allow for Urhoghide and Shaw (or God forbid) George Hirst situation to happen again.

It is a big question if these youngsters would be better served to play key role in our strong U-18 side or get push to play U-23 football as soon as possible ?! Another thing I can't understand is why we are having likes of Iorfa, Palmer and Adeniran on the bench in a "Mickey Mouse Cup" game against blody Mansfield instead couple of these youngsters ? Is Moore so scared of loosing a game in a cup that no one cares 1 bit about ?!

Where I come from there is a huge accent on developing talent and producing first team players as most clubs largely live from players sales. It is a league that I would say is at least as strong as League One and where youngsters regularly get to play first team football. Managers over here are judged on how many players they bring in and how well they develop them as well as by results they get. One of biggest clubs over here - Hajduk, brought in new manager mostly because of his reputation for playing and developing young players. They sacked their last manager purely for not giving youngsters fair chance. My hometwon club was last year captained by a 19 years old who got sold for 2m this Summer and no one thought he is too young or that playing him too early would ruin his confidence.

We need to start either producing or identifying and signing talented young players as for club like ours it the only way to successful long term future.

On 07/10/2021 at 20:11, jp1981 said:

Maybe not. However, Michael Owen was only 16 when he made his debut.

Also I wasn't suggesting that Moore would use a 16 year old. Mearley that I wouldn't mind seeing him get a game at some point.

I hope Bailey Cadamarteri  doesn't  get the same sort of hype that George Hirst did with a lot of it being because people know the name. Yes they both are/were big talents but we've  had others without the name that didn't  get half as much hype.