It's Time For The Youngsters

From what I've seen so far this season we may as well play our young up and coming players who have pace and enthusiasm in their bags of tricks. Lets face it the pedestrian build ups of our attacks, (or what Sheffield Wednesday consider attacks but others wouldn't) makes walking football look dynamic. How on earth we expect to win a game with forwards who look as though they should be playing for the pub team or not playing at all. 

Its not just the forwards either. How you can pay someone as a footballer when they can't pass a ball accurately across a few feet of well manicured turf escapes me. That's how bad some of our players are. They simply cannot be described as footballers yet here they are being paid thousands of pounds per week for zero talent. 

I love it when opposing managers describe BB as a major threat. They only do it to convince our manager to play him. They know absolutely that if they put two men on him we can't win and all they have to do is score a goal to win and Draw if they don't. Job done for them and more gloom for us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

56 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

From what I've seen so far this season we may as well play our young up and coming players who have pace and enthusiasm in their bags of tricks. Lets face it the pedestrian build ups of our attacks, (or what Sheffield Wednesday consider attacks but others wouldn't) makes walking football look dynamic. How on earth we expect to win a game with forwards who look as though they should be playing for the pub team or not playing at all. 

Its not just the forwards either. How you can pay someone as a footballer when they can't pass a ball accurately across a few feet of well manicured turf escapes me. That's how bad some of our players are. They simply cannot be described as footballers yet here they are being paid thousands of pounds per week for zero talent. 

I love it when opposing managers describe BB as a major threat. They only do it to convince our manager to play him. They know absolutely that if they put two men on him we can't win and all they have to do is score a goal to win and Draw if they don't. Job done for them and more gloom for us.

The ones nearest to the first team are all out on loan so aren't available. Waldock, A Hunt, Hagan, Galvin, Brennan.

• Like 1

Only way we'll move forward with youngsters. 

We're losing with Bannan in the side regular, what's point rebuilding with him for an even harder season next year?

We need 40+ games in the legs of Dele Bashiru, he'll be much better for it next season. Aderinan and Dele should be weekly starters.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Only way we'll move forward with youngsters. 

We're losing with Bannan in the side regular, what's point rebuilding with him for an even harder season next year?

We need 40+ games in the legs of Dele Bashiru, he'll be much better for it next season. Aderinan and Dele should be weekly starters.

The academy over the last 10 years or so has proven its capable of developing Conference level players at best, so its a no from me.

• Like 2

I was hoping a couple would be regulars for us this season (my picks were Waldock and Hagan) to see if they could develop into players of a decent standard because that’s the only way we’ll ever know if we play them and stick with them. Who was the last one we did palmer ??? 

However after we have brought in all these players it’s not gonna happen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jp1981 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Cadamarteri's lad on the bench at some point this season, maybe given a run if we have a decent lead.

Well he was on the bench for the under 23’s this week so sounds about right 

lol

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mark1948 said:

Hi jos.how you going on recently 

Which of the youngsters do you actually want to see?

As Etchesketch said, the ones who would be nearest are all out on loan, which is the right way to go about it. Regular first team football away from the pressure cooker that is Sheffield Wednesday is best for those lads. Chucking a load of kids in now would ruin them.

• Like 1