3,200 from Bolton on Saturday

3 hours ago, bradowl said:

I can remember when they were on a right good run in Premier League and we was bottom after getting beaten 6-1 at Man United previous Saturday. I think David Pleat got sack after game. 

Bolton brought 5,000 and we hammered em 5-0 with a returning from injury Andy Booth scoring an hat trick. In fact I think we was 5-0 up at half time. 

I often point at that game as an example of how players clearly were not happy under a manager. I think I am right in saying that a few mystery niggles cleared up as soon as Pleat left, then a few more by the time Ron returned. Amazing how often that happens when a new manager comes in.

• Like 1

I can remember when they were on a right good run in Premier League and we was bottom after getting beaten 6-1 at Man United previous Saturday. I think David Pleat got sack after game. 

Bolton brought 5,000 and we hammered em 5-0 with a returning from injury Andy Booth scoring an hat trick. In fact I think we was 5-0 up at half time. 

I was at that game. My dads a Bolton fan, so he was hidden with me amongst the Owls. He had a wonderful day. LOL

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Decent following for them, they used to bring a lot less than that.

The general buzz around the town is all Wanderers, Wanderers, Wanderers

After a bad start last season where everyone was calling for their manager to be sacked they eventually turned it round and got promoted. They have had a mixed start in L1 but apparently now starting to play some good attractive football. They have several players who are scoring regularly and our old player Kieran Lee is now getting MOM awards for his contribution. Their confidence is high so we will have to up our game to take the points on Saturday. Like the Owls they do have a very vocal set of traveling supporters.

I will be on my seat in the South Stand hoping my drive back to Bolton is a very joyous one after we take all the points from the Trotters.

• Like 1

I remember that game, think I was about 6 or 7 years old. Was amazing. I didn't know there was meant to be that many goals in a game of football! 

28 minutes ago, JOCOWl said:

Have you fixed it now, cos it kept sticking when you lent it me. 

Mate you not long ago brought it back, it was fine when I lent it you, you said you only wanted it for the weekend and that was back  in 1986 lol

Edited by s73owl