I want to take my opportunity | Theo Corbeanu post-Mansfield

On 06/10/2021 at 10:17, Dutch McLovin said:

If people are worried about his defensive side couldn't we play him up front with a licence to roam ?? Like we allowed Forestieri to do.

I know there not all fit at the moment but a team like the below could work playing a attacking possession based style:

Peacock-Farrell

Hunt Iorfa Hutchinson Brown

Johnson Adeneran Luongo Bannan

Corbeanu Gregory

Good shout.

Was thinking the exact same thing after the game.  Corbeanu would be much more lethal further forward.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, prowl said:

The question is his lack of covering back. I think that's why we are only bringing him on in the second half. He's ok to chase the game but DM probably doesn't want him to fail to cover and cost us a goal down the right. Purely for attacking he'd be fine,  just needs to get his head up a bit more, he can go round players easily.

DM is just too negative for me. Why wait until we have to chase the game?  Let's go at the opposition from the start, let's be proactive and let other teams worry about having to chase us.

• Like 2

TC should be starting. Put it this way, I wouldn't want him playing against our FBs whereas Sow would not be nearly as dangerous.

Is DM ever going to put out a team to show real attacking intent however? Ten goals in ten matches suggests not, even Morecambe have scored twenty to put this into perspective. In only one match have we actually had more shots than the opposition, poor fare indeed.

• Like 1

The only place I'd try him is at CF.

He's had 86 minutes in the league so far and not even got 1 cross in, had a couple of shots though.

He's hungry for it and a bit selfish, seems to want to score at all costs. Not the best in a winger, but plusses for a striker. He's tall, fast and couldn't be marked by just 1 centre back as his trickery would get him past 1 easily if isolated.

He'd definitely be an upgrade on Gregory.

50 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Moore told the press today that "the lad was a threat in midweek and has his part to play but is still learning what`s needed from him and we have spoken to him about the areas he can improve."

Sounds like he's back on the bench then ?

What's the best way to learn you might ask? TBH if he was the finished article he wouldn't be in L1.

Even now he's certainly more of a threat than others who have been selected. 

Edited by Beauchief Owl

If Theo and brown do not start tomorrow… the fans will turn against Moore massively…..We want to see attacking ..positive exciting players..especially at home …… dropping these two players for the Bolton game … At home….big crowd ……..Darerm Moore ….be positive…. Don’t pass out to the defender… pass straight out to the wings ……it’s not rocket science