I want to take my opportunity | Theo Corbeanu post-Mansfield

4 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

He should definitely be starting league games imo. Looks a really threat. Lost count of how many times he beat his man and put the ball into a decent area and either nobody was attacking the front post (finally happened for the goal) or was there to meet it 7 yards out in the middle.

A couple of things didn’t work out and he poorly over hit a cross first half, but he was a constant thorn in Mansfield’s side. Had a decent strike saved first half which the rebound could have led to a goal. Second half did the really difficult bit and should have scored.

I’d rather have a player a fluff his lines half the time as long as he’s getting into those positions consistently. Seen him consistently create far more in the two pizza cup matches than our other wingers have during league games. He also carries the ball much further up the pitch.

He’s still a bit rusty and sometimes needs to learn to release the ball earlier, but that will come in time.

Lets play our direct forwards the next few games and let the opposition worry about us for a change.

Sounds like Harris

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He's OK, but he offers nothing defensively. Hunt then Johnson were targeted all game, didn't see Corbineau track back more than 10 yards. Literally sits on the touchline waiting for the ball, doesn't move much off the ball to create space for himself or others.

He's great on the ball but usually gets it in traffic and gets crowded out. On a brighter note, looked to release earlier than the last game he played.

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

He's OK, but he offers nothing defensively. Hunt then Johnson were targeted all game, didn't see Corbineau track back more than 10 yards. Literally sits on the touchline waiting for the ball, doesn't move much off the ball to create space for himself or others.

He's great on the ball but usually gets it in traffic and gets crowded out. On a brighter note, looked to release earlier than the last game he played.

to be honest I don’t want to see the defensive side of his game, we’ve been watching everyone’s woeful defensive sides all season, he’s a threat going forward and that is what we want to see, he’s only young and will make mistakes,  give the lad a chance.

he needs to be playing

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, nile said:

to be honest I don’t want to see the defensive side of his game, we’ve been watching everyone’s woeful defensive sides all season, he’s a threat going forward and that is what we want to see, he’s only young and will make mistakes,  give the lad a chance.

he needs to be playing

yeh but he's saying he literally doesn't defend. We can't accept that as he's not good enough to justify only attacking.

5 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

yeh but he's saying he literally doesn't defend. We can't accept that as he's not good enough to justify only attacking.

In Moore’s preferred 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 the wide men shouldn’t really need to be counted on to defend

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

he’s not playing because of his lack of defensive abilities, I get that.

But what are we achieving with these so called better defensive players?

boring, predictable gutless performances week after week, that’s what we are getting.

the balance is wrong

we should be starting each game to take the lead and get a cushion, then make your defensive changes, we do it the wrong way round.

• Like 3

Positionally naive, offers very little defensive cover, but the only player that came close to getting me off my seat when he got the ball. 

If he plays, and I hope he gets more games, have to understand he isn't going to be in games much unless we are attacking (which we don't do very often). 

I like attacking football, so would be in my team. I'd rather win games by outscoring the opposites than boring them into submission.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, nile said:

he’s not playing because of his lack of defensive abilities, I get that.

But what are we achieving with these so called better defensive players?

boring, predictable gutless performances week after week, that’s what we are getting.

the balance is wrong

we should be starting each game to take the lead and get a cushion, then make your defensive changes, we do it the wrong way round.

But he’s not a good enough attacker to justify that, if we play him that’s no guarantee we will get that lead