Bed Wetting

10 hours ago, Everywhere & nowhere said:

We just need patience - it’s hard to go through these poor performances but we need to give this a chance.

I think you're correct but problem is some our supporters demand wins instantly and then Man City and Liverpool performances within half a dozen games. 

Because we've signed a lot of players there expectations are very high when in reality we've spent nothing on players, they're all loans or players released by other clubs. 

As far as I can see, we have 2 positions that are causing all of the issues.

We're playing 4231 whatever happens, crying about 442 isn't going to change it.

The 2. This formation depends on 2 disciplined holding/defensive midfielders, to start play and to cover the defence on transition. The injuries to Hutch, Byers and Luongo have messed this up. We're currently playing Wing and Adeniran. I honestly believe that DM wanted Bannan in there, but he's too unpredictable. Denis is good, but you need a calm head. Atm, this is Wing who's learning the role and getting better, but it's going to take time. Until these positions are filled and working, you aren't going to see the full on attackers like Theo on the wings, as the cover for the fullbacks isn't there.

The 1. We also need a mobile striker who can threaten the defence to open up space for the wingers and more importantly, push them back towards their own goal to open up midfield. DM played Gregory after Kamberi started well, but we've not scored many with him up front, but probably wasn't dropped as how can you drop your top scorer when you only have 10 goals in 10. If he keeps playing Gregory, we'll struggle, also seems to be weeing Pato and Kamberi off.

Sort these positions, we're laughing. Don't, and we're going to struggle.

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Conditions last night were horrid. Won’t get too upset about a Tuesday night in the Pizza Cup.

I won't get too upset about last night but all the other games are frustrating. I would wait for things to click if it looked like there was a plan we were working too. It's been stop start all season.

We seem like an engine that is missing on 3 of it's 4 cylinders, it goes but it's rough as hell.  If we are working to a plan then it is the wrong one.

I was actually dreading this season, with the embargo I expected us fielding a team of U23’s and Bannan, the signings and the fact that it appeared to be the manager that was actually making them definitely changed my mind and I was looking forward to it, the opening few games we picked up points without really playing that well which I thought was a good sign as we would go onto improve performance wise and have a good season, unfortunately we seem to have gone backwards, have no identity and no settled starting 11, ten league games in and I’m already struggling for enthusiasm to watch this team (a similar pattern to the last few seasons), it definitely reminds of the L1 season with Chris Turner at the (John) helm.

• Like 1

Bedwetting?...I mean f.ookin' ell my sleeping area is like summat you would find on the sodding titanic 1913....with good reason

Its simply a symptom of two decades of defacation and micturating while  watching 'em

You go into the last 2 minutes all square..or 1-0 up...and your bladder opens outta sheer experience..Obviously yer bowels opened earlier when you saw the team sheet.... so thats not a problem

WE are the Only fans that have chewed through their own spleen, p*ssed and crapped theirselves after 20 minutes of bloody play...What else is there to do?

They are all purely natural functions...Sadly we are forced to do them in public , simply through circumstance.

Oh for the days of Hirst , waddle Sheridan....when yer sphincter was confidently under control...

Roland playing at the back?...I didn't need a crap for 3 weeks!!!

Shirtliffe and Pearson at the back....Yer sphincter never relaxed!!!!

Now??.....Iorfa to Dunkley???...I mean its like Dysentry defending....

5 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We have no god given right to beat anyone. 

Its not unusual for a higher placed team to make hard work of beating a lower placed team.

The bed wetting over a 2-1 win in the Pizza Cup on a horrible Tuesday night is actually quite funny. 

Expectation mate, if we cant do better than win a game against a 4th Division team,....with a goal at the last minute.........whats it say about us really??

No team has a right to win another,quite right,it has to be done by tactics,game management,selecting the right players & playing them in the positions that suit them,and adopting a style of football  that creates goal  scoring chances....

How many of those could you apply to us currently?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, markowl said:

Fans get frustrated by manager

Fans decide it's time for a change 

Manager gets sacked 

New manager comes in

Fans get frustrated by manager 

Etc etc 

Not quite how i see it,

Fans get frustrated by managers tactics....fans decide its time for managers tactics to change...If DM doesnt change his playing it out 'style' than he can look in the mirror to find the cause of his demise,if it happens  not the fans..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, parajack said:

Expectation mate, if we cant do better than win a game against a 4th Division team,....with a goal at the last minute.........whats it say about us really??

No team has a right to win another,quite right,it has to be done by tactics,game management,selecting the right players & playing them in the positions that suit them,and adopting a style of football  that creates goal  scoring chances....

How many of those could you apply to us currently?

So what’s the solution? Sack the manager and get someone else in who will probably make exactly the same mistakes - like Pulis, Monk, Jos, Carvalhal, Jones etc etc.

The club is crying out for some stability. Moore might be making mistakes but I’d rather give him time to find his best team, get it right and move us forward. 

I’d agree with those calling for Moore’s head if we were winless and tanking down the league. But we are steady mid table in a new league with a whole bunch of new players. Sadly it will take time to get right and this division is a lot harder than people give it credit for. How long has it taken clubs the size of Pompey and Sunderland to get out of here? 

8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

You can have as much pace as you want.

Doesn't mean a thing if you don't get the ball forward. 

Such a simple summary....bang on the money.....even a speculative punt up field can lead to a goal(as the Blades did last Sat to Sharp)...quick cross in  GOAL...

SUFC are struggling too, with mainly PL players with a playing it out from the back style,Barnsley too, play offs last year with a direct,attacking, style,this Year?....

Common denominator anyone?? It isnt going to improve,yes we will win some games,its a poor league in my view,but do we entertain? score goals? make goal scoring chances?

WAWAW? & always will be,....but the fan base ,especially those who turn in week in,week out,home and away,ST holders and the like in all weathers, deserve so much more...

Can’t comprehend how people expect moore to know his best XI in less than 2 months. I don’t recall such a large amount of new players in one transfer window. 

Performance levels aside, people seem to forget that mistakes from BPF have cost us in both the Oxford and Ipswich games (5 points and we’d be joint 3rd). 

Have a day off. 

Just now, Sefton owl said:

Can’t comprehend how people expect moore to know his best XI in less than 2 months. I don’t recall such a large amount of new players in one transfer window. 

Performance levels aside, people seem to forget that mistakes from BPF have cost us in both the Oxford and Ipswich games (5 points and we’d be joint 3rd). 

Have a day off. 

Yep.

Default is too blame manager when we don’t get the rub of the green. 

You’ve put it simply. Two goalkeeping errors coupled with a missed penalty from Bannan has cost us third place. 

Fine margins. If we were third the narrative would be ‘might not be playing well but it’s a sign of a good team to be poor but third in the league’.

Constant looking for someone to blame is tiring. Let’s just see how the season pans out shall we? 

21 minutes ago, parajack said:

Not quite how i see it,

Fans get frustrated by managers tactics....fans decide its time for managers tactics to change...If DM doesnt change his playing it out 'style' than he can look in the mirror to find the cause of his demise,if it happens  not the fans..

We could always go back to the Pulis hoof it up the field method if we're talking tactics.

26 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yep.

Default is too blame manager when we don’t get the rub of the green

Rub of the green?

Oxford had 19 attempts on goal and 10 corners.

Ipswich had twice as many attempts as us.

Shrewsbury had 15 attempts and 6 corners

We are getting what we deserve.

Implying we have been unlucky is well wide of the mark.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

We can be the problem as much as the players. We have a inexperienced team who just won a tricky game with a last minute winner in terrible footballing conditions away from home at a ground with less than 4000 fans in. 

We should be taking some positives from the result. 

Instead we have predictions of a wasted season and worse posted on here. 

We missing probably our 2 most important players for this team in luoungo and windass. Which I am sure when they are fully fit and settled in the team we will look much more like a promotion winning team. 

Its really not so bad. It looks worse than it is as we just have not clicked yet. 

But we still able to grind out some reasonable results. 

Its going to take a while before we can really judge the teams potential. Until then we have to be patient. Something we are not very good at. I fact we have less patience than Liam Palmer has goal scoring ability.