Bed Wetting

Is it time yet?

For some strange reason, although I feel tonight was a let off for Moore, I'm undecided.

I like the recruitment under Moore, but I hate the football.   Results need to change quickly if we are to go up at the first time of asking.

I'm feeling dysfunctional about this side right now - I can't get excited by the potential we have whilst I see how poor we are playing.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

thought it was easier kicking into the wind.

First half every pass (as often) seemed to be to feet, whereas second half passed more often into space which made attacks quicker.

Yep, into the wind or up the slope is always easier than the opposite. 

32 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

I think we would make playoffs if we made a quick call to let him leave. We won't do that and therefore I think we have no chance of the playoffs unless he changes his system.

I'm not sure it's changing his system so much as keeping to a system.  Each game i try to analyse who is playing where and doing what and each game i'm convinced it's a tinkerers formation.

• Like 1

I’m still trying to work out if/what the team selection symbolises. 

Players who need minutes for fitness?

Players with a view to getting back into the team for league games?

Players who need to practice to generally improve? 

I guess these daft cup rules haven’t helped. 

Still not sure if this squad will take shape at some point ??

6 hours ago, SiJ said:

I just don't get it.

His recruitment seemed on point: Identified his targets and got them in.

I thought we'd be looking to play with pace and power, feeding the likes of Gregory to get the goals. Really suffocate teams, particularly at home. We did that for about 20 minutes against Fleetwoid and Shrewsbury.

Bar that, we've got a team who produce insipid, nothing football with no real identity or purpose. We seem to have another manager who havs found that blasted tombola for team selection used by most of his recent predecessors.

Agree with this, he got the players in he identified and it looked really exciting.

Then he plays the most boring football I’ve seen, his tactics are scared to attack take a point and hopefully get lucky for 3 against the likes of Shrewsbury, Oxford etc…

He changes the team consistently even a winning team, drops players who played very well the previous game and persists with others. 

Extremely frustrating and if you don’t know your strongest team after 10 games after identifying and signing them assuming research was carried out then frankly you shouldn’t be in the job.

It will be all change again Saturday, he will persist with certain players who don’t perform well. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SiJ said:

I just don't get it.

His recruitment seemed on point: Identified his targets and got them in.

I thought we'd be looking to play with pace and power, feeding the likes of Gregory to get the goals. Really suffocate teams, particularly at home. We did that for about 20 minutes against Fleetwoid and Shrewsbury.

Bar that, we've got a team who produce insipid, nothing football with no real identity or purpose. We seem to have another manager who havs found that blasted tombola for team selection used by most of his recent predecessors.

You can’t play with pace and power without players who have pace.

8 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Is it time yet?

For some strange reason, although I feel tonight was a let off for Moore, I'm undecided.

I like the recruitment under Moore, but I hate the football.   Results need to change quickly if we are to go up at the first time of asking.

I'm feeling dysfunctional about this side right now - I can't get excited by the potential we have whilst I see how poor we are playing.

we are dysfunctional in almost every aspect of our game at the moment. For a side who is instructed to pass out from the back, it’s frightening how many times we lost the ball and misplaced passes. 

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

You can’t play with pace and power without players who have pace.

I think we have the right players with pace to play a much more direct game though

Hunt and brown at full back, Iorfa has pace too, Adeniran in the middle, shodipo on the left and Corbeanau on the right.

Windass when fit and berahino up front

I think there's enough pace in there to move the ball either at feet or in to space to turn defence in to attack pretty quick. 

I also think if/when luongo is fit, paired with Adeniran in the middle he will drive the ball forward quicker than we currently do.

All that said, I don't think Moore has the tactical nous to get this set of players playing any other way. 

• Like 1

We’re all frustrated but I also think we need to give it a chance. We’ve got to see this season out, as painful as it may be to watch, and see how things are going. Knee jerk reaction after 10 games will get us nowhere. We’ve tried all sorts of managers and failed. Let’s at least give this one a season.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, 0742 said:

I think we have the right players with pace to play a much more direct game though

Hunt and brown at full back, Iorfa has pace too, Adeniran in the middle, shodipo on the left and Corbeanau on the right.

Windass when fit and berahino up front

I think there's enough pace in there to move the ball either at feet or in to space to turn defence in to attack pretty quick. 

I also think if/when luongo is fit, paired with Adeniran in the middle he will drive the ball forward quicker than we currently do.

All that said, I don't think Moore has the tactical nous to get this set of players playing any other way. 

Without Windass we don't have the legs to push a back 4 backwards.

Kamberi looks fine as a unit to play off and around.  The signing of Gregory, another OK unit to play off but won't push a back 4 back,  instead of a quick , young loan forward is probably the mistake that will wreck our season.

• Like 1