Mansfield Town V Wednesday - EFL Trophy OMDT

2 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Looking forward to the Bolton game with some trepidation to be honest. Kieran Lee, Eoin Doyle and Antoni Sarcevic and Oladapo Afolayan have 17 goals between them. Moore is going to have to come up with something different to beat them, that’s for sure. 

Hope Kieran Lee gets a wonderful reception on his return. 

for certain 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So the last 2 midweek games both away from home, both played with 2 strikers, both we scored twice, both we won and both had no Mr B Bannan.

last two games played on a Saturday, both we failed to win, both we only played 1 isolated striker, both we had a midfield 3 because Bannan cannot play in a midfield 2.

Maybe just maybe we change to 4-4-2 we play two striker, two wingers and pick the best players for the formation, instead of putting the formation around the manager favourite players.

Yeh after tonight leave Bannan out for the rest of the season 

lol 

take it you didn’t watch it 

He might not have the reputation that Berahino has or the past transfer fees but Kamberi offered a lot more.

He battled for every ball, was always showing. Kamberi will be unlucky if he misses out on chances behind Berahino, who I am going to lay my cards out early doors here, will do nothing for us.

Just now, CourteenerOwl said:

He might not have the reputation that Berahino has or the past transfer fees but Kamberi offered a lot more.

He battled for every ball, was always showing. Kamberi will be unlucky if he misses out on chances behind Berahino, who I am going to lay my cards out early doors here, will do nothing for us.

Kamberi was atrocious 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

for certain 

Needed cheering up after the Oxford match and watched THAT Hillsborough match again v Brighton. Lovely finish by Kieran just reminded me what a quality player he was/still is. Seems so long ago now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Full time positives.

Corbeanu looks like he has a lot of skill and can use both feet. Would cause defenders a problem when 1 on 1.

Dele brought some much needed muscle into midfield.

Brown looks like a wing back.

solid performance from Wildsmith

Dele had a shocking first 15 minutes and then did ok 

Gibson did well, hope he was saving him for the weekend 

1 minute ago, Devonstrix said:

Needed cheering up after the Oxford match and watched THAT Hillsborough match again v Brighton. Lovely finish by Kieran just reminded me what a quality player he was/still is. Seems so long ago now. 

seem to remember jones wouldn't play him for ages 

21 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Miss controlled and lost possession more times than not

lost the ball on the edge of our box that led to their goal 

carp 

No he didn't...the goal was entirely down to Johnson being out of position at RB - no other complaints

They ALL miss controlled the ball in those conditions...both side did...it was awful out there. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

No he didn't...the goal was entirely down to Johnson being out of position at RB - no other complaints

They ALL miss controlled the ball in those conditions...both side did...it was awful out there. 

Wing didn’t loose the ball ?

I suggest you watch it again 

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Gutted, was looking forward to the penalty shoot out.

I wasn't. Freezing on the back row of the main stand . Jumped up when we scored and was told to " get over there" with the Wednesday fans.!! Not likely I said I'm off home.. They weren't happy.

Not great, until Mansfield tired we looked bereft of ideas and they had a few very good chances. 

Our attacking play is abysmal, no movement and players don't look like they know what to do. It struck me tonight how few completed passes we have in the final third, players often run with the ball (into dead ends)  rather than passing. 

That said, doesn't take away from the result, we kept going and won a game against obviously inferior opposition. 

Corbeanu showed real threat at times going forward, easy to see him marked out of the game against better opposition though and tactically naïve.

Dele-Bashiru did well, battled and looked a presence at times. Gibson was solid for his time on the pitch.

Maybe controversial, but my MOM Wildsmith. A couple of good saves, no chance with the goal but generally looked comfortable and  came for the ball confidently. Decent positionally and in possession, nice quick distribution too, just a shame the ball often came back to him. 

A wins a win, well done, but doesn't enthuse me for our chances on Saturday. 

Does anyone know of that wind is a regular thing at Mansfield?

They seemed to use it to their advantage straight away, while it took us most of the game to get used to it.

If the ground usually has wind like that it would explain a few things, especially in the first half.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, striker said:

Not great, until Mansfield tired we looked bereft of ideas and they had a few very good chances. 

Our attacking play is abysmal, no movement and players don't look like they know what to do. It struck me tonight how few completed passes we have in the final third, players often run with the ball (into dead ends)  rather than passing. 

That said, doesn't take away from the result, we kept going and won a game against obviously inferior opposition. 

Corbeanu showed real threat at times going forward, easy to see him marked out of the game against better opposition though and tactically naïve.

Dele-Bashiru did well, battled and looked a presence at times. Gibson was solid for his time on the pitch.

Maybe controversial, but my MOM Wildsmith. A couple of good saves, no chance with the goal but generally looked comfortable and  came for the ball confidently. Decent positionally and in possession, nice quick distribution too, just a shame the ball often came back to him. 

A wins a win, well done, but doesn't enthuse me for our chances on Saturday. 

Wild smith played great 

this is a view from the Mansfield end showing Wednesday fans 

1CEC4DF6-BADE-4560-A2A0-DEBFCC7116F9.jpeg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

Looking forward to the Bolton game with some trepidation to be honest. Kieran Lee, Eoin Doyle and Antoni Sarcevic and Oladapo Afolayan have 17 goals between them. Moore is going to have to come up with something different to beat them, that’s for sure. 

Hope Kieran Lee gets a wonderful reception on his return. 

Before the game and afterwards I agree, but during the game I hope he get's Dog sh*t.

He is playing for the opposition after all.