Mansfield Town V Wednesday - EFL Trophy OMDT

The main trouble with the Pappa John’s trophy for me is that it makes me want to eat Pizza. But I don’t actually like Papa John’s pizza. I like Dominos. So in effect the cup just increases my inexorable slide towards obesity, while being of noI benefit to the sponsor of the tournament. I only mention this because it’s a ‘lose lose’ a bit like this cup is for us. If stick out a changed team we play badly and lose then it’s pelters all round. If we stick out a changed team then it’s a selection headache. If put out an unchanged team and win or lose its pelters if someone gets an injury. Lose, lose lose. 

• Haha 4

God, I hope that the players will get over their coach lag by next Saturday…. poor lambs.

Seriously, it’s a lot to ask of the squad to travel in a luxury coach all the way to Mansfield and then have only 4 days to get over the ordeal.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, scilly owl said:

God, I hope that the players will get over their coach lag by next Saturday…. poor lambs.

Seriously, it’s a lot to ask of the squad to travel in a luxury coach all the way to Mansfield and then have only 4 days to get over the ordeal.

Have you been to Mansfield!! 😂🤣

• Haha 1

I'd like to see us win, of course, but I don't care about the competition at all so no problem if we lose. However, what I do want to see tonight is a tactical shift to give me some hope that Moore has it in him to develop an attacking style of play. Happy to go gung-ho and potentially lose, just to give some indication of which players are capable of it.

• Like 3

If we put out anything like a strong team, and go on to get beat by a League Two team who are on a awful run, how might it look for our League One hopes? If only we could see us having a go. That's been lacking. Just want to see commitment. This is what has to start coming through. Why not start in tonight's game and move it forward?... 

I was thinking yesterday, how is the good Lord gonna come up with an amusing match thread for Mansfield. 

He’s done it again though! Mentions of Champions league AND Barcelona in a Wednesday match thread. 

Absolutely brilliant 

Thank you Lord

• Like 1